IGNORED

Still no new Venture

I bet they are done. The market seems to be saturated with touring bikes, and the GW eats allot of the sales. It would have to be one hell of a transition to compete, and very expensive to redesign. Hell, our 13's still have a cassette deck, helloooooo.

I don't think you're going to see anything touring from Yamaha for a long time. The whole touring market is flat and saturated, and until it improves we're not going to see any investments by major manufacturers in touring bikes. I think all bike brands are hurting right now. Whens the last time you've seen a new Gold Wing? With all this talk about a new Venture, just how many will be beating down the door to buy one in this economy?? Especially since we have 30 years of bullet proof V4's still on the road.....

What amazes me more than anything else is the price of used Royal Star Ventures that are on the market. It's great if you are a buyer but not so good if you are the seller. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that a used RSV is the best value out there. Opinions about looks are entirely subjective but I still think that the RSV is one of the best looking bikes ever built. We all know that the V4 will run 200,000 and more with no major issues. OK...there are a few downsides and some people don't even consider them issues. There is a cassette deck. Big deal, there are multiple ways to use Pandora, XM, etc. It is there but doesn't hurt anything and if it really bothers you, just yank it out and install some gauges there. It has carbs instead of fuel injection. Some people actually prefer the carbs. Personally, I would rather have fuel injection but it's certainly not a big issue to me. They don't have ABS. Some people would like to have it, other don't care for it. The Harley had ABS and it was fine but I honestly don't care one way or the other. All I know is that you can't buy a full blown touring bike of any other brand for anywhere near what you can buy a RSV for.

Star motorcycles is done, kaput no more. Looming legislative emmisions changes have delayed, big displacement bike. Cross plane engine in the 1850-1950 cc range planned with EFI, CA emissions are slowing roll out, standards may change requiring new EPROMS, and head spacer change to get under HC limits. With the end of the "STAR" line ,name change for top of the line touring bike is also being considered ( Open Road and Sky Tour are the two most mentioned) . Frame engine trans is done (except note above) as are accessories. Two protypes with laced wheels have been seen on proving grounds. Frame mounted fairing, integrated bags and trunk on one, the other the bags and trunk are separated by a panel of some sort (seen from about 500 meters away)

Edited by baylensman
took extra 0 out of displacement

Two protypes with laced wheels have been seen on proving grounds. Frame mounted fairing, integrated bags and trunk on one, the other the bags and trunk are separated by a panel of some sort (seen from about 500 meters away)

What...no pics???

• 4 months later...