IGNORED

What's wrong with this picture?

this bike belongs to StarRiders bike he is one of my friends here in South Florida he recently had his faring in front and redone from a recent accident we're trying to figure out why the headlight sits so far back in the fair here are a few pictures I need help from some one that can give me close up pictures of the fairing

Please cal Gary at:

954-804-2728 if you have any ideas that can help us out.

split[ATTACH=CONFIG]99585[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99586[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99587[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99585[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99586[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]99587[/ATTACH]

Mike,

I have to agree with what Ragtop69gs is trying to convey to you.

You state the bolts are aligned up correctly. That I would have to agree with you on because the "entire" headlight assembly has been attached prior to the outer (front) fairing being put on.

However, What ragtop69gs is trying to say is:

The two upper mounting bolts (for attaching this "entire" head light bucket assembly), have ONE rubber spacers / grommets / bushings (whatever you want to call them) on each of the two bolts, and each grommet must have a flat washer.

To install the entire headlight assembly correctly, each of the two mounting bolts first, MUST go through the head light mounting bracket, "THEN" secondly, each bolt MUST go through a rubber grommet/ bushing, THEN one must align the mounting holes up to these two bolts and tighten in place.

The "distance" of spacing that I see between the headlight and the faring is such "the same distance" as the "thickness" of these two rubber grommets and flat washers, so with that said, I have to agree with Ragotp69gs in that the rubber grommets and flat washers MUST be missing. The only way to verify this is to remove the outer /front fairing and visually look to see if the two rubber grommets and washers are behind the headlight bracket assembly. One can not see these if the fairing has not been removed.

Oh and I also agree nothing is bent

Okay were going to split the faring and then send more pictures anything you guys can do for help is most appreciated

Star Rider thanks everyone for this help, star rider and his wife are another couple from VR.org visiting for a few days.

Edited by Brake Pad

You can maybe hit a hardware store for something close to the grommet, and possibly the shoulder washer.

2 rubber washers and a flat washer could work, just not as stable.

Check these out at Lowes if you need replacement bushings: The Hillman Group Rubber Bushing - Item #: 315636 | Model #: 884620 - $1.44 ea

Mike the entire headlight assembly is on a tube frame deal in there. Could it be it got pushed back? I can take mine apart and get some dimensions from something not movable, say the triple tree or something.

DSCF0321.JPGDSCF0322.JPGDSCF0323.JPGThanks Mike for posting my problem with the venture. I just got home from your house and took the fairing off, here is what I have. It does not look like the picture shown in the posting above.attachment.php?attachmentid=99621&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=99622&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=99623&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=99623&stc=1

DSCF0318.JPG

DSCF0319.JPG

DSCF0320.JPG

Edited by STAR RIDER
Adding More Pictures

I think I found something that would push the Headlight forward inside the fairing. But I will need help to make sure if the ball rides on the outside of the tab or inside. I found the ball inside the tab when I took the bracket apart. If the ball rides on the outside of the tab, this would push the headlight forward. Does anyone know on there venture what it looks like??? DSCF0326.JPG

Gary, I'm no expert but that ball looks like part of the headlight adjuster and in stealthblades pics it is inside the piece on the bracket. His also has some kind of grommet or washer on the ball shaft. Could yours have come off or otherwise moved? If the ball shaft is adjustable is it all the way in or out?