IGNORED

Anti dive bypass plates

Both the "Bypass Plates", and the "Block Off Plates", do the exact same thing. The Anti-Dive Valve is in the unit you have removed from your bike, and you need something to plug up the holes left by the removal of the Anti-Dive unit. The set of block off plates you have happen to be flat on the exterior surface (but made of Stainless Steel) The bypass plates in the link above are half round on the exterior surface, (and made from aluminum) Both plates do the same thing, the only difference is cosmetic, and quality of material.

Earl

If you look closely at the bypass plates they show a channel between the two openings. In the photos of the end of it you can see that it has a socket head bolt to seal it off. The black painted ones showing the outer view illustrates that best. Clicking the photos shows a larger photo. The channel is the reason that they are half-round. I just wondered why they went to that level of effort unless they believed there was some reason to. As I consider it with my limited understanding of things it would seem that they would need to be careful to calibrate the amount of flow allowed there, but it's about as far as I get with the philosophy behind any of the technology, including the original stock anti-dives.

I am working on a design for an adjustable block off plate. IF it works as I hope, it will make the shock response tunable to the riders liking. I have these designed on my puter, now I just have to actually make a set and try them out.

decent idea. Been done before on other models. Worthwhile if you can't get enough compression damping out of the stock assembly.

Basically, you'll be making some adjustable compression damping in addition to the compression damping already built in by the orifices in a damper rod fork assembly.