IGNORED

Spring of 2015 Slimy Crud Run

eagleeye

The first Sunday in May is the spring Crud Run, and yesterday was a beauty, upper 70s to lower 80s and the biggest turn out ever.

Several thousand bikes of all types and ages. You name it, it was there. Many very old bikes. Even saw a couple of 1st gens.

Should have taken more pics, but next year I will.

Bikes gather in Pine Bluff, just west of Madison for the morning, then wander up to Lealand, just north of Sauk City, probabaly 25 miles, and I live inbetween them, so I took my 2002 Triumph bonneville to Pine Bluff, met some friends, and I met david who bought that gorgeous Honda Valkyre that was looking at the bike at Engleharts. I saw his bike up in Lealand, but didn't see him.

I stopped at home, switchedSlimy Crud run Pine Bluff.jpgSlimy Crud run, Lealand.jpgBike at crud run.jpg

bikes, and took my 1980 Yamaha XS650 bobber up to Lealand, and I'm telling you, I never seen so many bikes for this spring run.

Bikes of all kinds, and talked to lots of folks from all over the midwest.

I met a guy who had this blindingly orange,(he said it was some type of red) Victory Cross Country Eight Ball with 10" risers and somewhat louder exhaust, both black that was drop dead gorgeous, so I sat on it and I could see owning it. (other than the sticker price). That is a pic I wish I had.

One old bike at the crud run

Anyone in this neck of the woods should think about coming. The fall crud run is the first Sunday in Ocotber.

001 (2).jpg

xs650 bobber.jpg

Edited by eagleeye

Thanks for reminding me, of course it's too late now. Peter Egan spoke at a local library on the 26th and I had the reminder in front of me, (sort of) and missed it. Great event though.

Next one is the 1st Sunday in October.