IGNORED

Battery woes.................

DragonRider

On my third battery since I bought the trike. The last 2 were AGM batteries, and only had 90 day warranties, not impressed with them. Went looking for a regular acid battery and they are harder to find than hens teeth. Finally found one for 89.00 with a 6 month warranty at Batteries and Bulbs. They also had a couple of different AGM, one was a Duracell with a 2 year warranty, so I decided to get that one. Has anyone had any experience with the Duracell line of motorcycle batteries, they are fairly new on the market, at least if it goes out before 2 years its covered.

I'm having the same issue. I bought an AGM at Batteries Plus last Sept 26, had a tender on it all winter, went to start it today and it was dead. I put my other charger on it and it's charging now. Going to take it to them and have it load tested when it's charged. Sorry for the long way around, but no, I haven't used a Duracell brand.

Took mine by Batteries Plus after charging it, it tested "marginal", so they are going to charge it overnight and test it in the morning, the guy said most likely they'll replace it. At least it's still under the 1 year warranty, it doesn't have but maybe 100 or so miles on it. I asked if possibly the tender could have caused an issue and he said no. I also overheard one of the other guys working there tell a customer that their private label batteries were made by the same company that makes the Duracells.

and here i am with a battery that is almost 7 years old, was new when i got the 83, never had a tender on it, only thing it was some sort of "maintenance free", the 08's battery let go after 5 years, has AGM now about a year old, hope it lasts at least as long.

The battery I replaced with this one was a Parts Unlimited and it lasted 4 years, the stock Yuasa that came in the '04 RSV I had lasted 7 years. It seems to be a roll of the dice with batteries.

The AGM in my ZN700 is about 4 years old and still very strong. Never charged it after the initial charge. I bought it from Walmart and it is their brand Everstart but on the box it said Yuasa. Cost $85 or so. I was so impressed with it that I bought AGM batteries for my 05 Magnum, 02 F150 and my boat.

I guess it all depends. When I was working in the Dodge garage our replacment and oem batteries were Interstate. We had batteries on rite off the truck were weak. I supose you can get that with anything.

On the 3 batteries in just a couple years, I would be looking @ the vehicle. Either something is up with the charging or there is some kind of harmonics going on killing them. Cycle Gear sells a lithum battery thats suposed to be awsome. But they are not cheap.