IGNORED

Carb popping, why???

What I did was block off the YICS ports and took off the air breather cover, sprayed carb cleaner on the intake manifolds and the bike didn't rev up stayed the same, don't think there are any leaks on the carb's, any other reason's it might be doing that?

Thanks

What I did was block off the YICS ports and took off the air breather cover, sprayed carb cleaner on the intake manifolds and the bike didn't rev up stayed the same, don't think there are any leaks on the carb's, any other reason's it might be doing that?

Thanks

Does that mean there was no popping before blocking off the YICS ports...seems that might be what you are saying? Or, did you block off the ports because it was popping? Popping is usually a sign there is a lean condition which is why spraying carb cleaner on potential leak areas is an effective test. Any leaks will draw carb cleaner into the intake and make the REV's go up.

Yes there was popping before, 1 of the YICS hose was broken off the plastic box, so I figured I just by pass that, cut the hoses short and put in 8mm bolts with little bit of high temp gasket maker., Then I sprayed the carb cleaner on the manifolds no leaks, syn the carbs and adjusted the pilot screws. Running much better now, no popping and it fired right up today and it was 0 outside, never did that before I be cranking away on the starter. Still have to take it for a spin to really find out how it's running, hope all is good.

Thunder.

Good new's, been a long process getting the bike to run perfect, after changing plugs, cleaning all connections going to the tci and pick up coils, trimming the coil wires and screwing the plug caps on again, sync the carb's, adjust the pilot screws, still didn't run right, cylinder would still cut out after 10 miles or when it got warmed up good from idle to 3000rpm. What was left to do, move the tci onto the airbox, nope. came across a thread about the YICS, sure enough one hose attached to it pretty well fell off when I pulled on the hose, not sure what shape the rest of the plastic box YICS was in so I by passed it. Cut off all the hoses capped them, re sync the carb's and pilots took it out for a good long run and "WOW" not one miss, runs as smooth as glass, couldn't be happier.

Get rid of that YICS, had that on my 750XJ and it was a huge pain on that bike to.

Like to say a big thanks to everybody that joined in to help me solve this problem. Great site.

Hope this might help another member solve their problem if their bike is running the way mine was.

Thunder

Glad to hear it. Removing and capping the 'YUCKS' was one of several things I did at the same time like you did. Was never sure which thing actually got rid of the popping but the YICS probably had a lot to do with it.

Enjoy that bike. Which you should totally add to your profile so we all know what you ride!

:canada: