IGNORED

Has anyone fashioned a set of highway pegs?

Really just curious here.

Us drivers on the first gen can put a set of highway pegs on the engine guards for ourselves. Has anyone added a set of pegs on the MKI saddlebag guards for the passenger that did not effect the driver?

A curious mind wants to know!

A set of boards that fit in between the "hole" in the rear crash bar They had 3 positions and were called "Star Steps". Some called them "Jacobs Ladders". I had a set on mt 86. I had them for riding my children when they were "altitude challenged".

A set of boards that fit in between the "hole" in the rear crash bar They had 3 positions and were called "Star Steps". Some called them "Jacobs Ladders". I had a set on mt 86. I had them for riding my children when they were "altitude challenged".

The pads you're talking about are these, but they only fit on a MarkII, and the saddle bag guards need a plate to mount them to. I can't see anyone replacing the entire guard just to add these things. Most guards I've seen are missing the plate. I just took a look at my '83 and I can't see how any pegs could be added and not have them poke the rider. The bag guard ends towards the back of the passenger seat, and if you found a way to mount the pegs where the passenger could use them, somebodies going to be very unconfortable.....

My wife is on the taller side and likes her legs to be straighter while sitting. I made a set of hiway pegs for her that fold out, putting her feet just behind and outboard of mine, and fold back under the pass. board. I made these from scratch and haven't seen anything like them anywhere else. Unfortunately I have no picture to send you.

They hinge on a bracket I made that mounts using the forward two pass. board bracket bolts. When folded in, they look unobtrusive, mostly hidden by the board. When out, they aren't exactly a fashion statement, I suppose. Her feet can be in the way when we come to a stop, so she knows that when stopping she needs to put her feet on the stock boards. Since the pegs hinge back, if I drag one it will be OK, and if I come to a stop with the peg out (no foot on it) and it bumps into the back of my calf, it will simply fold back. Best of all, she loves 'em!

Jeremy

My wife is on the taller side and likes her legs to be straighter while sitting. I made a set of hiway pegs for her that fold out, putting her feet just behind and outboard of mine, and fold back under the pass. board. I made these from scratch and haven't seen anything like them anywhere else. Unfortunately I have no picture to send you.

They hinge on a bracket I made that mounts using the forward two pass. board bracket bolts. When folded in, they look unobtrusive, mostly hidden by the board. When out, they aren't exactly a fashion statement, I suppose. Her feet can be in the way when we come to a stop, so she knows that when stopping she needs to put her feet on the stock boards. Since the pegs hinge back, if I drag one it will be OK, and if I come to a stop with the peg out (no foot on it) and it bumps into the back of my calf, it will simply fold back. Best of all, she loves 'em!

Jeremy

This sure would be nice to see some pics if at all possible.:D