IGNORED

Next Florida meet and eat???

Barrycuda

What happened to the quarterly meet and eats? I know everyone has a busy schedule, myself especially. However, can we give thought into relaunching our meet and eats? Anyone interested, not interested, too little time, not enough people, etc? I haven't seen any postings for it and was wondering if we can make something happen perhaps some time in May? Any thoughts for or against?? Gez, brake pad, Karen, capt. D, Dion, steve k, gaucho, Don Vito and anyone else?

Barry,

You know I am thinking that the Goldwing riders are on to something with the way they do their RTEs.

Someone posts, "Hey I am going to be at so and so resturant on this date this time" let me know if you are interested, usally not more than a weeks notice, sometimes only a day or two notice.

Somehow it works for them they always have 10 to 20 people show up.

Now bear in mind that many or most of those guys are retired and most all they do they Ride, Eat and Sleep,(repeat) in that order.

Maybe they know something we do not.

Will be May at least before can even think about it. Have a relay For Life event every weekend unit May that I have to help the wife with. Well I dont have to​ but it makes life easier if you know what I mean.

Barry,

You know I am thinking that the Goldwing riders are on to something with the way they do their RTEs.

Someone posts, "Hey I am going to be at so and so resturant on this date this time" let me know if you are interested, usally not more than a weeks notice, sometimes only a day or two notice.

Somehow it works for them they always have 10 to 20 people show up.

Now bear in mind that many or most of those guys are retired and most all they do they Ride, Eat and Sleep,(repeat) in that order.

Maybe they know something we do not.

thats exactly why it works for the Wingers, because they are retired and that's ALL they seem to do. It's all good. Just wanted to gauge interest. No biggie....

dion, i know what ya mean. Just a thought.

Maybe we can try 3rd weekend of May? I'll be in Daytona first weekend and working second. If y'all wanna come to Daytona.... Steve is just a stones throw. It's not central I know. Perhaps we can go to linger lounge in Bradenton? Nice ride, decent food. Again, anyone who missed Daytona in bike week can still come out, LOL..... Just throwing out ideas. Think about it and let's see...

Not trying to hijack your thread, but here is a neat event that happens in Florida every year, our STAR chapter is planning to go, could be a Meet and Greet then do the show.

I have been a couple of times, lots of nice bikes, restored, show and daily riders.

http://ridingintohistory.org/the-event/

Looks nice. Is it up in Jax? Might be too much of a hike for some of the south riders, but I won't speak for them. I would be very interested in heading up there on the Saturday. Can't make Friday...

You guys are some REAL biker types,, its still in the low 40's and been raining like crazy - not sure if its enough to get all the salt off the roads yet but hey,, real bikers bikes are super tough just like their owners I reckon I reckon!! Your all welcome to stop in for a Hot Dog and a warm up iffen ya need to!! :thumbsup: Tip would probably let most of ya even set up camp in the living room too if ya need to!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Fords Garage over Ft Myers way has good burgers. And no green skys and barns and stuff blowing around. We were going to try Sarasota once one of the Amaish places. Like I mentioned we are out until May at least as weekends are work weekends until then.

...... We were going to try Sarasota once one of the Amish places.

If you do get to Sarasota, go try this Amish place. I have eaten here at least 40 times. Just about every time I go down to Sarasota to see my mom, we go here.

http://www.yodersrestaurant.com/

been to Yoders a few times and the food and the ride down are wonderful. It's a place that I certainly don't mind returning to. However it's kind of small and always packed. Better to go earlier than late to get a seat. That aside, it's a wonderful spot to go, and then continue riding down tamiami trail

some of the crew left for moonshine Il. yesterday, for the burger run. I'm not up for playing with Tornados. going to lay low, until Barrycuda figures out where we're going

Michael, May is a wacky month for some of us, myself included. That said. I am not opposed to heading Yoders for breakfast, or the linger lounge in Sarasota/ Bradenton for lunch. Steve K mentioned the event up in St.augustine on the 23rd. I am totally up for that and IMO would be my first choice. Any ideas guys? Gals?

23rd is the start of Memorial Day weekend so traffic may be worse. Also, anyone planning on getting a hotel may find it more difficult or length of stay minimums imposed. I'm on vacation the prior week so really can't take off another Saturday. One of the others Barry mentioned would work better for me depending on the date. Sundays are always better for me.