IGNORED

M/C LED aux lights

I put similiar LED driving lights on my 89 almost 2 years ago. I paid a lot more for mine, and they have a little less light output than the ones you've selected. If I had to order another set, I'd probably go a bit brighter, so in that aspect I think they're great. I didn't see any reference to the light pattern though. Mine listed the angle of the beam, and I chose between a wide flood and a narrow spot. Decide what beam angle you want.

I have these I just mounted up. They have a low, high and a flash I guess for accident avoidance. I have been to chicken to run tat mode for fear the law would hassle me.

front-view-web.jpglocation-web.jpgSwitch-Location-web.jpg

Looks like a very similar light but the one you show has brackets all around it. Kind of adventure bikeish style.

I put a pair of those on my 89 VR, from a different seller but look about the same. I found mounting them was a bit of a trial because there is no lateral adjustment. Had to file the clamp mount bolts in order to point them in the right direction. Didn't want them outside the guard area. The pix show the lights without the top cover, left it off to make adjustments easier but will probably put them back on.

I have the lights set to illuminate a little bit nearer than low beam and a bit to the outside which works quite well. Really wanted fogs but they come as a pencil beam. Apparently these lights have 3 modes, hi-lo-strobe, but I don't see how to change between them.

For the price, I'm happy with the lights.

Just looked at the photos on your link and those mounts appear to have lateral adjustment which will make them way easier to install.

fog lights1.jpgfog lights2.jpg

Edited by camos
Additional info

How do you switch the modes? High, low, flash. Do they cycle thru when the power is applied? I would prefer to set the desired mode and then be able to just turn them on/off without the mode changing.

Jimmy

How do you switch the modes? High, low, flash. Do they cycle thru when the power is applied? I would prefer to set the desired mode and then be able to just turn them on/off without the mode changing.

Jimmy

There were no instructions with mine so I wired them into a relay powered by the accessory circuit so I could see if they would change mode sequentially when powered up but they didn't. When turned on, with the ignition, the lights have stayed in full power pencil mode which is what I wanted to begin with. I have a switch for them but did not want to go to the trouble of installing it to begin with and since they don't draw much having them on all the time does not appear to be a problem. These LED's make pretty good DRL's with low draw and bright light. Only wish I had found the ones in the link before purchasing as it would have been a far easier install.

The ones I got, every time power is applied they change mode. So say are low now and turn key off, next time powered weather by key or switch they go to next mode. But I can tell you I have turned them on to high and then rode, turned bike off when I got somewhere and then restarted and they were still on high beam. So I just fire bike and check before getting on to see where the beams are operating. I built a little switch pad and put a micro toggle switch and a momentary off button in it so it would break circuit to switch beams.