IGNORED

back injections

oldgoat

well I had the spinal tap done at 7:30 today so they could check out the reason I am having such bad back problems.

and to see if my MS has spread any more?

there trying to wean me off the morphine.

going to place me on something called Norco?

then start with spinal injections in 2 weeks?

I have done the hanging upside down stuff. PT ice packs. trying to drop the weight every thing I can think off.

I went back to the solo seat with back rest on the Honda and I can ride.

just wont go out when I am doped up on the morphine

I have my good days ... boy when I have my bad ones and I have more of them lately then good one.

after they did a MRI turns out I must have done something way back to my back?

some people know that the vertebrae has what looks like little wings on the end of each one?

well come to find out 3 of mine have them wing type things missing?.

now back in 1994 I was in a bad car crash I had a little chevy sprint. a big 4x4 truck hit me in the drivers front. and I was ejected through the wind shield. the seat belt. broke off it,s mounting bolt?

they where more concerned at that time with the head injury then checking out my back.

and seeing as I healed up in over a year. I did not notice my back problems.

not sure what the doctors are going to do about this yet?

maybe a fusion might be the answer?

we shall see how this all turns out?

Goat,, I think what you might be referring to as "wings" might be what I broke off in my accident back in 03, things are called something like "Facia" and have the main function of keeping the vertabre lined up.. Mine fragmented, sounds really really painful but wasnt that bad until much later as the L5 vertabre moved on the sacrium and caused some nerve pinching.. Anyway,,, I can relate and feel for you!! PRAYERS UP and BLESSINGS DOWN!!

About 6 months after my 5th surgery and when it became obvious I would walk again, they also moved me off Morph and onto Norco too.. That stuff is basically a Vicodin on steroids - if I remember right - the Opium that does the pain relief in Vicodin is increased and they call the pill Norco.. I was on Norco for almost 4 years, stuff did a great job but I ended up having to take a LOT of it in the end to keep it working.. It was VERY VERY hard on my digestive system and caused some severe constipation BUT it did control the feeling of that someone was running a torch over my legs.. If I were you, I would ask your doctor about anti constipation stuff and follow his orders about whether or not you need it to a T..

Hopefully they figure out what is causing the pain (this isnt always as easy as it sounds), are able to correct things and you dont have to be on Pain Killers for an extended length of time.. Norco's have an addictive side to them (I have a hunch that most pain killers do) and can be tricky to get off from.. I went thru withdrawels that I was told by my doctor were very similar to Heroin withdrawals (probably should have been admitted to one of those hospitals that clean up drug addicts) - talk about NO fun!! I know this can be a touchy subject but I will say it anyway,, a friend of mine went thru some very similar stuff (nerve pain stuff) and found relief by using Medical Mariwanna.. He is now doing much better and no longer using the stuff but swears he had VERY good results with it and no digestive issues.. Back when I went thru my stuff Pot was illegal and not an option anyway but, had it of been and knowing what I know now I may very well have considered it as an alternative..

I hope me saying all that doesnt get your thread in trouble here on the site because of the political side of that stuff - I only mention it because I KNOW what its like to hurt and am trying to help.. If it does, I apologize now!!

If those Facia Joints are actually missing, I am no doctor and things can really have changed, but I bet you will end up with supportive titanium rods and a fusion.. I only say that cause without those joints there - the spine can misalign real easily (just a twist) and its the misalignment can cause buldging discs and bulging discs rub on the nerves and that cause MAJOR pain!! Personally, if given the option of fusion surgery or not at this time and I KNEW that those "wings" were missing and that they are in fact the alignment devices that I am talking about - I would take the surgery - especially if it meant I wasnt gonna be taking as many pain killers!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you OldGoat!! Oh yea, and your family too - this stuff affects them too!!

Puc