IGNORED

Tachometer

I went a different route I have this one on my bike now. its an easy hookup as it doesn't require any power (change battery once a year or so Ive been told) and just wrap the pickup wire around the sparkplug wire. Yamaha makes one too if you want the name on it.

Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Digital Inductive Tach/Hour Meter for Motorcycle Snowmobile Boat Generator outboard motor marine Free shipping

I went a different route I have this one on my bike now. its an easy hookup as it doesn't require any power (change battery once a year or so Ive been told) and just wrap the pickup wire around the sparkplug wire. Yamaha makes one too if you want the name on it.

Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Digital Inductive Tach/Hour Meter for Motorcycle Snowmobile Boat Generator outboard motor marine Free shipping

Says life time battery, how long have you used it ? any problems? easy to read?

Says life time battery, how long have you used it ? any problems? easy to read?

Ive only just put it on the bike over the winter, and havnt ridden the bike with it on yet. Another member here recommended that style tach in a thread a few months back. A friend in town has one of these in the Yamaha brand name and he indicated that the battery needed replacing at a couple of years, It looks like its a simple job to put a new button battery into it.

When its running it is easy for me to read and while its not a performance tach, it works fine to know what speeds youre running at, and to verify shifting points.

Brian

Has anyone put a Tach on their RSV. If so, do you have any recommendations on type or brand and is it a big project to do?

I installed the Baron's tach that fits over the front brake reservoir. After so many years, its still functioning perfectly, chrome is top notch. The placement is high and keeps the tach up within eye level as to not take your eyes away from the road. One of the best tach setups I've installed on any of my bikes.

I installed the Baron's tach that fits over the front brake reservoir. After so many years, its still functioning perfectly, chrome is top notch. The placement is high and keeps the tach up within eye level as to not take your eyes away from the road. One of the best tach setups I've installed on any of my bikes.

Any chance you have a link? I cant find one listed for the Venture even though the pic on the JP Cycles page shows a Venture...

Jay

Links work for me

So strange, even with a different browser and going to a fresh address (not referal link) I still get the same error.. for their whole site. hmmm

[h=1]Our Apologies...[/h] The page you requested could not be found. Please check the web address you entered and try again.

In order to figure out what went wrong please email: webmaster@baronscustom.com with the error message below:

Forbidden - Error 403

• 9 months later...

Update on this thread.

I never felt a need to see the rpm's on the RSV but curiosity finally got me. Ordered one of those little cheapo's from China and went for a run today. not even close. Even with fiddling with the settings couldn't hold an accurate rpm if it's life depended on it. Took the back off and saw one circuit board and battery sealed with goop. Tried re-setting and went for another ride. If anyone wants to believe 35 mph is 240 rpm in 1st gear....good for them. But not for me.

At least it came off quickly! Rip!

P.S.

Well... it was interesting! Did see 6K rpm as a max rpm...only once...then that disappeared, never to return no matter how many times I played with the ignition switch.