IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

I have to agree. It excludes me as everyone I know rides their own bike. Guess maybey i could cheat and put a friend on the back of my bike when we get there. Like I said all my friends prefer to ride their own bike solo.

David

Well then park down the road from the sign and have them hop on for the ride to the sign, this would technically make them a passenger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok I will change the target then

Next target your bike your passenger and a Welcome to ??? State sign or Entering ???? State sign for a state other than the one you live in and at least 1 hour from your home. Don't forget it's still your passenger not you. Enjoy the ride.

• 1 month later...

Over a month, time to set a new target, keep it to you and your bike, not a passenger or a cop or others and make it something people can get to without going to another state please.

Especially as it gets colder, shorter rides are the norm. Game is more fun when more people can play, and find things on normal rides.

Can anyone set the new target or just the one who got the last one? If anyone can, how about an easy one: You,Your Bike and an american flag( like the big ones at a bank or car dealership):080402gudl_prv:

I'd be in favor of sticking with the basic premise of the original target and dropping the passenger requirement.

A "State" sign ... you and your bike in front of.

The basic rule is the person that got the last target sets the new target.

AKrefugee set the current target, so he should be the one to modify it. The state sign target is a problem for some people (like me) that live in the middle of the state and I don't have a plan to ride to a state line anytime soon with winter coming on, so it would be nice to change it entirely to something that is able to be gotten without such a long ride. If a target goes nowhere for a long time, it is time to change it.

Well lets see. I did change the target to ANY "entering state" sign and I changed it to at least 100 miles from your home. I did keep the passenger instead of you and I explained that this was to encourage you to take your sweetie, wife, friend or maybe even a relative out for a ride to share the wonderful experience.

There have been many targets I did not stand a chance of getting such as a lighthouse since I am half a day from a shore or the wild cactus since I live in the eastern US not the western US or the snowman since I live in the south. I didn't expect them to be changed just because I could not get them. Some I will have a chance of getting and some I will not. We have riders from all over the place and in some areas of the US they are just coming in to riding season i.e. the Southwest US.

I did not think this was intended to be a competition but rather a way to encourage others to get out a ride and then share back with us their "discovery".

That being said if you want to change it go ahead and change it. I'm just here for the fun.

Well lets see. I did change the target to ANY "entering state" sign and I changed it to at least 100 miles from your home. I did keep the passenger instead of you and I explained that this was to encourage you to take your sweetie, wife, friend or maybe even a relative out for a ride to share the wonderful experience.

There have been many targets I did not stand a chance of getting such as a lighthouse since I am half a day from a shore or the wild cactus since I live in the eastern US not the western US or the snowman since I live in the south. I didn't expect them to be changed just because I could not get them. Some I will have a chance of getting and some I will not. We have riders from all over the place and in some areas of the US they are just coming in to riding season i.e. the Southwest US.

I did not think this was intended to be a competition but rather a way to encourage others to get out a ride and then share back with us their "discovery".

That being said if you want to change it go ahead and change it. I'm just here for the fun.

I don't necessarily think they should always be easy to get.

For example, if you chose a lighthouse I would think it a terrific subject, but I live 600 miles from the nearest coast so I would either hunker down for a long ride, or simply wait for the next location.

It's your tag to set so you set it :D

AK, don't see where anyone said it was a competition, but in actuality I guess it is, everyone competes to get the target. Been lots of targets I couldn't get, didn't complain. But being inventive is part of the fun.

My only point was if the target isn't gotten for a long time, people lose interest in the game. Lots of times in the past it has been changed to something totally different to move it along. I have had to do that with at least one of my own targets if I remember right.

So it is picture of your bike, a state sign, (welcome to or entering) other than the one you live in, an hour from your home with a passenger, (or maybe pay someone to pretend to be a passenger!) :cool10: Someone go get this so we can keep moving! :happy65:

OK, went out yesterday and got this: Still haven't figured out how to post pics that show up. hints?

IF OK with the group, then next target is you, your bike and any sort of Halloween decoration.

Bonus points for witches flying into telephone poles....(ok, no bonus points, I just like those!).

Can we keep in mind that the rider doesn't have to be in every target please .... It limits the pictures which is sometimes appropriate but not always.

"Your Bike + Target" ... "Your Bike + Passenger + Target"

I do quite a bit of bonus hunting on rallies, and the bonuses that require rider pics are usually reserved for specific locations .... and they are always a pita.

Carry on :)

Can we keep in mind that the rider doesn't have to be in every target please .... It limits the pictures which is sometimes appropriate but not always.

"Your Bike + Target" ... "Your Bike + Passenger + Target"

I do quite a bit of bonus hunting on rallies, and the bonuses that require rider pics are usually reserved for specific locations .... and they are always a pita.

Carry on :)

Twigg, I understand your comment, but from the beginning, the rules have been to include you and your bike in the picture. It has been the constant from day one. Here are the rules from post #1:

Here are the simple and basic rules... Don't forget.. this is for fun and entertainment!!

• The person who scores first on the target gets to set the next target.
  • Targets must be fairly generic so that anyone can hit them with a little effort. No targets like, you, your bike, and the Golden Gate bridge for instance.. A more suitable target would be - you, your bike, and a truss style bridge.
  • Nothing dangerous or illegal.
  • No old pictures. You must seek out the target after it's announced, not use a picture you already have.
  • No Photoshopping.
  • Targets must involve you and your bike in some way.
  • Anyone may announce a prize for hitting the next target (prizes should be of minimal value or for the purpose of fund raisers on this site). A suitable prize would be a ride bell for instance.
  • Post your picture (or a link to your picture) in this thread.

I have found that I can put myself in the picture without ever getting out of the seat by using the mirror. Others have used chrome on the side of the bike, their reflection in a window. It has been part of the fun to see how inventive you can be in getting in the picture. I would guess if a bunch of people here want to change that, then maybe it could change, I just don't see it as a problem. You will be at every picture taken in any case. You don't need to bring a tri-pod or have anyone else along to help take the picture. My vote is to leave the rules as they are.

Does a witch flying on a pole count?

If this counts then the next target will be your bike with a business sign that says "Venture" on it.

RoyalStar:That is your classic (and ever so funny) Witch flying into a pole! Yes, exactly what I had in mind. Now I start looking for that "Venture" (very topic appropriate!) :happy65:

Twigg, I understand your comment, but from the beginning, the rules have been to include you and your bike in the picture. It has been the constant from day one. Here are the rules from post #1:

Here are the simple and basic rules... Don't forget.. this is for fun and entertainment!!

• The person who scores first on the target gets to set the next target.
  • Targets must be fairly generic so that anyone can hit them with a little effort. No targets like, you, your bike, and the Golden Gate bridge for instance.. A more suitable target would be - you, your bike, and a truss style bridge.
  • Nothing dangerous or illegal.
  • No old pictures. You must seek out the target after it's announced, not use a picture you already have.
  • No Photoshopping.
  • Targets must involve you and your bike in some way.
  • Anyone may announce a prize for hitting the next target (prizes should be of minimal value or for the purpose of fund raisers on this site). A suitable prize would be a ride bell for instance.
  • Post your picture (or a link to your picture) in this thread.

I have found that I can put myself in the picture without ever getting out of the seat by using the mirror. Others have used chrome on the side of the bike, their reflection in a window. It has been part of the fun to see how inventive you can be in getting in the picture. I would guess if a bunch of people here want to change that, then maybe it could change, I just don't see it as a problem. You will be at every picture taken in any case. You don't need to bring a tri-pod or have anyone else along to help take the picture. My vote is to leave the rules as they are.

The rule doesn't actually say that, does it?

I would interpret that as one or the other .... or both if the person setting the target wishes it so.

"Involving you and your bike" does not necessarily mean that the photograph has to contain you and your bike.

I like the flexibility. I also prefer pictures of decent objectives with our bikes in front of them, rather than endless contrived shots of rear view mirrors.

It may simply be a personal preference.

Doncha just love it when someone comes along to tell folk what to talk about?

Do you have a problem with the concept being discussed, in the thread related to the ...er ... concept?

Why on earth would anyone wish to shut down a respectful discussion?