IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

I rode for about 200 miles Sunday through back roads and did not see a single one. I found one on Google but thought that would be cheating.

What? Nobody found a hubcap yet?

I was hopin' that was an easy one so I could be hunting again these next 3 or 4 days on the way home from Luckenbach.

Happy hunting, Scooter Bob

I rode for about 200 miles Sunday through back roads and did not see a single one.

Ya, I see what you mean. I guess you have to be on the right roads. I did 470 miles of 2 laners yesterday from Luckenbach to Shawnee, OK, and didn't see any either.:confused24:

But Friday, riding to SE TX MD with Playboy and his wife, we saw a couple places, one building completely covered, but were trying to make time and didn't stop. He must not have gone home that way.:scratchchin:

By the way Joe, we did see along the way Friday, 80's Chrysler, 57 Chevy, Race Car, Peterbuilt, and a helicopter, all up on poles, and a new Pickup hanging way up from a crane over a dealership.:doh:

While I didn't see any hubcaps on buildings, a lot of buildings had a single, lonely star on them yesterday morning. Not sure what that's all about.:scratchchin::crackup:

Happy Hunting Everyone, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

A pic of you and your bike and a hub cap hanging on a building. by Scooter Bob

Glad yall are haveing a good ride,

They headed back to Arkansas Sunday. I'm out bummin' around on my own again now, slowly trying to find my way back to WI.:D

Saturday is supposed to be a nice day so I may take backroads up to Augusta and see what I can find.

But I'll be home by then.:doh:

If I can miss the rain today, I'll just post a few to show ya'll where they're at.:D

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

A pic of you and your bike and a hub cap hanging on a building. by Scooter Bob

Wandered the northern MD country side for many hours today without seeing a hub cap on a building.... :confused24: Good thing tomorrow will be another fine day. We are going to try our luck with a couple hundred mile trip through VA. :fingers-crossed-emo

So today's trip through VA was somewhat successful. We came across the following in the middle of no where. The owner of the home was looking out his window wondering what the heck the crazy biker was up to as my wife jumped off and ran across the road to take the pic.

Think we will need to have the judges make a ruling to decide if this qualifies. I'm not sure if exactly what the hub cap is attached to.

Also on this trip we learned why no Easter eggs were left out our place. We saw a hawk\falcon (some bird of prey) score itself a small bunny rabbit!!

Cheers,

Dan

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z351/danzoom/Apr-08-2012-2.jpg

You got it DanOh.:thumbsup2:

What's next???:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob

Ok, courtesy of my wife... The next target is you, your bike and a motorcycle only parking sign.. A few rules to make it not too easy:

- Can't be in your own driveway

- Can't be a motorcycle shop

- Sign or paint on the pavement is acceptable...

I can think of a bunch... Here is an example of my bike at Bush Gardens Williamsburg VA..

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z351/danzoom/Aug-20-2011-017.jpg

Good luck!

I guess the one I park in everyday at work should not count either.

Ok, courtesy of my wife... The next target is you, your bike and a motorcycle only parking sign.. A few rules to make it not too easy:

- Can't be in your own driveway

- Can't be a motorcycle shop

- Sign or paint on the pavement is acceptable...

I can think of a bunch... Here is an example of my bike at Bush Gardens Williamsburg VA..

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z351/danzoom/Aug-20-2011-017.jpg

Good luck!

Dan oh, Well, I want to protest! Looks like that hubcap might be hanging on that shepherds hook! NO NO, I am kidding! Of course you got it! Nice pic.

Wanted to tell the story about Rick Haywood and I riding to Springfield, IL Sunday, to get a Baton target for the GL1800 forum. Had to have a picture of me and the baton in front of the IL state capital. (Rick has started a similar contest on this site, so he got his IL target while there!). I saw a used car dealer called......The Hubcap House. Not a hubcap in sight, not even on the cars! What a bummer! :)

Oh, while getting the pictures, I reminded Rick that here were three bikes (my wife was on her bike) illegally parked near the state capital, taking pictures with what looked like pipe bombs in our hands! (the batons for both contests are PVC pipes with caps on the end to hold the paperwork about the various stages). Capital police drove by twice, but left us alone, guess we didn't look like terrorists! LOL

After watching it :snow2: on and off today weather says it's supposed to get up to 60 by Saturday. Hope to get back in the hunt. Looks like I got things figured out so I won't have to sell the bike. :fingers-crossed-emo Need a good ride to settle the nerves. LOL.

For the next target:

You, Your Bike and Bar-B-Q Grill.

(not your own) A little Webber at the store or a big professional pull behind, or one in a park. If it can cook meat and outside go for it.

Happy hunting. :photographing:

Edited by KarlS

Let's see how this works.

If it is accepted your next target is

You, your bike and a statue with a horse and rider. Preferably a war memorial, but not necessary. it can be from any era. See sample pic

Happy Hunting.

Edited by ragtop69gs

My wife and I will be going for a ride Sunday. Didn't have a particular destination in mind but if this is still going we'll head to Gettysburg. I played a lot at the beginning of this but have kind of drifted away from VR of late. I subscribe to this thread so I see people having fun - I just wasn't participating! I'm back though so whether it's this target or the next, I'm in!