IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Went today and found a sawmill so I could set a new target.

So the New target is you, your bike and a Country Club.

Nice. Beat me by an hour and a half! Still was a good ride, sunny but cold. Like seeing the dusting of snow on the fields while there is still lots of nice color in the trees.

Not much snow in this picture. Was an interesting ride, some fields were completely covered and on the other side of the road there was nothing...

The next target is you, your bike and a city\town clock with the name of the town on it... Can't be in the town you live in..

Here are some examples... http://backseatview.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/030811-big-clocks/

Have fun.

Not much snow in this picture. Was an interesting ride, some fields were completely covered and on the other side of the road there was nothing...

The next target is you, your bike and a city\town clock with the name of the town on it... Can't be in the town you live in..

Here are some examples... http://backseatview.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/030811-big-clocks/

Have fun.

I thought this would be an impossible task till I looked it up, I found that there are 63 Town Clocks in a 100 mile radius of Charleston. Some are pretty neat looking, will see if I can get to them before anyone else now. :photographing:

Darn we trapped two possum's recently and I could have used that for the pic. Other than getting rid of varmints in the horse barn, we don't hunt, so I am out of this one.....unless we get that groundhog that has been tunneling next to the foundation of our house! Any thoughts on how to get that one?

Darn we trapped two possum's recently and I could have used that for the pic. Other than getting rid of varmints in the horse barn, we don't hunt, so I am out of this one.....unless we get that groundhog that has been tunneling next to the foundation of our house! Any thoughts on how to get that one?

Groundhogs are skittish, sneaky buggers, the best way to get them is to learn there habits which isn't hard, they seem to have the same routine day to day. Setup as far as possible from them, with a clear straight shot with a safe background incase you miss your shot. You need to be waiting for them, be a still as possibe because they will run if they see you. I stand in our indoor porch with the door already open waiting for my shot when it sticks it's head/ body out from under the barn wall. We get 1 and another takes it's place within day's.:doh:

if your against killing the little buggers.............use the possum trap and bait with lettuce or any other type of vegies uncocked in the cage...........I seen several trapped that way............asuming your using non leathal live traps.

DAvid

This was a hard one to get. The first sawmill we drove to today couldn't be seen from the road at all, so we had to go to plan B. This is the best shot we could get.

http://www.woodeyewoodproducts.com/services.html

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z351/danzoom/sawmillchallenge.jpg

When I saw this picture I thought it was me for a minute. Look at Dano and then my pic below. Isn't Dano a good looking dude

yes being its hunting season most of us are in the woods or working.......Ive taken 2 since this target was set but we skin clean and dispose of carcass in the field so there is no critter to bring home and get a pic with...............Ive taken to carrying a camera with me when I go so I can get a pic of the deer......If I get one before the target is changed Ill take a pic, print it then get the wife to take a pic of me, my bike and the pic of the deer...........but since I work 5-6 days a week and I want hunt alone..........too dangerous now adays to do so in our area............then Ill help out,

Good luck out there and be safe both in the woods and on the road

David

I had thought this would have been won by a bird hunter or fisherman quickly.

At everyone's request, I will set a new target.. If you remember back to summer, we had a target of you, your bike and the highest temp on a thermometer, since it's now approaching winter let's change it to the above target only with the LOWEST TEMP.

Please be careful in attaining this target, frostbite or falling on the ice is cause for disqualification.

Happy riding.

Darn, zapped by the old "never offer a suggestion or you may wind up doing it!" trap.:bang head::rotf:

May get a ride in today but will be in the 50's so if I get a pic, it will not be hard to beat!

I went to take one yesterday and it was 77 so you have me beat suppos3ed to be 80 today.