IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Extra credit if you have real flowers and are handing them to your significant other at the time.:sun:

But Karen doesn't like real flowers, cus they die in a week.:doh:

Oh well, it's supposed to be foggy and rainy tomorrow anyways.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

You and your bike and a flower display. This can be a display in a store window, a flower pot on a city street, or flowers on a sign or bilboard (so those in the cold states can have a decent chance since there won't be any flowers growing yet). Extra credit if you have real flowers and are handing them to your significant other at the time.:sun: by DynoDon

Looks Like DanOH was gonna say something:scratchchin:, but decided to go for a :Venture: and get some flowers for the missus instead.:banana::thumbsup2:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

You and your bike and a flower display. This can be a display in a store window, a flower pot on a city street, or flowers on a sign or bilboard (so those in the cold states can have a decent chance since there won't be any flowers growing yet). Extra credit if you have real flowers and are handing them to your significant other at the time.:sun: by DynoDon

attachment.php?attachmentid=54037&stc=1&d=1297924717

Ok, so I'm new to this.

I'm supposed to take a pic of me my scoot my significant other (wife) with some flowers?

Is that right? Do I actually have to get on my RSV ride out in the snow and freeze my bejeepers off or can I just say "dear......, step out into the garage" and here is the pic.:stirthepot::whistling::confused24:

Edited by SMSgt

I will ask some others to give their thoughts, but for me, at first, I thought...not allowed because the point is to RIDE to the target, get out and have fun. But, you are new, and I do not want to discourage a new enthusiastic player, plus, that is just such a great shot, that I would say you did fine, and set a new target.

But in the future, I think we should say that you really should have to ride to the target, and we will assume that people will play fair and not just push the bike out the door and take the shot. I even thought twice about my shot at the drive-up because it was just 1/2 a mile from my garage, but I don't think we should set a mile limit (only targets 20 miles away allowed....NOT) so find them where you can, but try to do it while riding.

You were up front, and again, I love the shot, so I say it is good....this time! :confused07::)

And thanks for joining in, the more that play, the more fun it is!

BTW, how did you get the picture to show up instead of just a link. Sometimes computers just fry my mind!

Thanks for allowing the pic.

As I was riding around in the cage thinking about this game I noticed an old fashioned railroad crossing sign. So I will not run out and take a picture in front of that sign but. I would like to see a picture of you and your motorcycle in front of an old fashion railroad crossing sign you know the kind that has no lights and is just a 4X4 post with the white X saying RAILROAD on one side of the X and CROSSING on the other side of the X. So there you have it. And don't get run over by a train in thr process. I'll give the winner a riders bell at the MD in Oberlin.:fingers-crossed-emo

How I got the pic to show up is I replied and in the menues below the reply screen there is a place to manage attachments. I clicked there and uploaded the picture. Then I clicked on the picture and when it showed up I copied it and pasted it in the body of the reply. Now remember this is my first time so maybe it was just a fluke.

Thanks for letting us play

Kent & Kerrie

I even thought twice about my shot at the drive-up because it was just 1/2 a mile from my garage,

Don't feel bad Don! Karen's bank is only 3 blocks from our house.:doh:

Although, I had been smilin' :Venture: for 35 miles before I got there! :stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

I will ask some others to give their thoughts, but for me, at first, I thought...not allowed because the point is to RIDE to the target, get out and have fun. But, you are new, and I do not want to discourage a new enthusiastic player, plus, that is just such a great shot, that I would say you did fine, and set a new target.

But in the future, I think we should say that you really should have to ride to the target, and we will assume that people will play fair and not just push the bike out the door and take the shot. I even thought twice about my shot at the drive-up because it was just 1/2 a mile from my garage, but I don't think we should set a mile limit (only targets 20 miles away allowed....NOT) so find them where you can, but try to do it while riding.

You were up front, and again, I love the shot, so I say it is good....this time! :confused07::)

And thanks for joining in, the more that play, the more fun it is!

BTW, how did you get the picture to show up instead of just a link. Sometimes computers just fry my mind!

When I take a picture with my phone I e-mail it to my computer then open it and save it to my pictures. Then when I want to post it on this site I just use the attachment icon and it works fine. :2cents:

And I agree in the future we need to ride to the target. :photographing:

Fun game, the more the merrier.

I am new at this so bear with me:

You, Your Bike in front of a Military Historical Marker or Memorial. Extra points if it is before WWII.

I do plan on being at MD it will be nice to meet all the folks from here.

The RR crossing sign was on the Old Charleston Navy base about 25 miles from my house. I never noticed it before till it became a target.

Excellent target Joe, we can learn some history while having fun.

Hey, and for those that maybe don't get the target first, go ahead and post your pictures anyway, I know I would like to see them, even if they come in a bit late!

Nice to see some activity and new players after such a long winter so far.

Excellent target Joe, we can learn some history while having fun.

I agree. And there's one 2 blocks from work, and one 3 blocks from home. Guess I better ride to work again tomorrow. :Venture::D

Hey, and for those that maybe don't get the target first, go ahead and post your pictures anyway, I know I would like to see them, even if they come in a bit late!

Agreed. Always good to see some more sights. :thumbsup2:

And sometimes, someone elses interpretation of the target.:doh:

Nice to see some activity and new players after such a long winter so far.

No doubt. 4 targets hit this week already, and it's only Thursday!:thumbsup2:

And it's only February!:clap2:

Should be a fun summer of ridin' and lookin' around the countryside.:D:sign kewl:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

You, Your Bike in front of a Military Historical Marker or Memorial. Extra points if it is before WWII. by etcswjoe

Edited by Scooter Bob

Yes Ragtop, after some inactivity, we have moved well past the "Q" sign target! :rotfl:

It is also 2011, FYI :stickpoke:

Sorry, gotta poke at ya in fun!

Good pictures though.

Raining here today, but I just got my new Tourmaster jacket, I may go out anyway!

You'll like the Tourmaster. Mine is comfortable, warm and waterproof. I have yet to need the liner, plenty warm without it down to about 27*

I am new at this so bear with me:

You, Your Bike in front of a Military Historical Marker or Memorial. Extra points if it is before WWII.

Well I have no excuse for not trying to get this one living and working where I do. I ride the bike to work each day and the office is only a few miles away from all the monuments in DC. Within 30 miles of my home is Antietam, Harpers Ferry (where I got the Q sign picture!), Gettysburg etc.

Happy hunting.

I think I will go Hunting today.:Venture:

Beautiful :sun: today and high in the lower 30's.:banana:

Tomorrow we've got this to look forward too...

Sunday

http://icons-ecast.wxug.com/i/c/k/snow.gifSnow in the morning...then rain or freezing rain or snow and isolated thunder in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 4 to 7 inches. Ice accumulation of less than one quarter of an inch. Highs in the lower 30s. East winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

So I better go and enjoy one more day on the MRSV before I switch back to the Venture Snowmobile.:confused24:

The Race is on DanOh, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

You, Your Bike in front of a Military Historical Marker or Memorial. Extra points if it is before WWII. by etcswjoe

Oh ya, going hunting, and going after the extra credit.

Found this sight that lists all war memorials in WI.

http://warmemorials.us/municipalities/berlin.html

There's a couple bronze guns from the Civil war about 40 miles from here.:thumbsup2:

Gotta babysit the granddaughter this morning, but should be on the rode by noon.:Venture:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is...

Here you go...

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6b54018-302c-b8e6.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6b54018-303a-d5ac.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6b54018-3046-ba0a.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6b54018-3051-eea8.jpg

It was only 35 miles there, and so nice and :sun: out, so I kept ridin'. 75 more miles later,:Venture: I'm finally getting these posted, and still 15 miles home. :banana:

Oh, it has finally gotten up to 30 degrees.:thumbsup2:

If this target is acceptible, the next target is...

You and your bike and a water tower from a town other than where you live. Bonus points for an old steel one.

EDIT::scratchchin: must remember to put an enter/space when loading each picture from the smart phone so they don't come in side by side and make this thread view a mile wide.:bang head: (for those that missed it, I fixed it now)

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

Good job! I was planning to ride today, but it was just too windy. Sustained winds in the 30-40 mph and gusts over 60. While walking on the sidewalk to lunch today the wind actually knocked a lady down right in front of us.

I have no leads for the next target, but that is what google is for.

Cheers,

Dan