IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

OK, for your viewing amusement and your approval, is a nice old house up the road from me with a lot of SCARY stuff for halloween.

One of the pics has me in the mirror.

If this is OK then I will set a new target.

(edit) it is a lot scarier in person and at night) LOL

OK, for your viewing amusement and your approval, is a nice old house up the road from me with a lot of SCARY stuff for halloween.

One of the pics has me in the mirror.

If this is OK then I will set a new target.

(edit) it is a lot scarier in person and at night) LOL

Ok by me so we can move on.

I forgot to mention and warn that ME in the mirror (twice counting the convex mirror) is probably scarier than the house! But OK, thanks for accepting my entry.... here is the next target:

You, Your bike of course, and a large fake animal or person or thing. The kind used to promote businesses, the huge bull, the large person (like rocketMan outside the Rocket motel in N. Illinois near Joliet...hint, hint, that would be a good one) there is a large fake elephant on I-55 near St. Louis, or I suppose it could be ANY LARGE advertising type thing, like a huge burger or huge loaf of bread etc etc. Just some oversized fake advertising or promotional thing, but not just a big sign, has to be similar to the real thing but big. (big tire as you enter Detroit is another good one, there is a large bottle of Ketchup somewhere in Illinois, the huge ball of string, or big frying pan etc etc.

It does NOT have to have advertising on it, and need not be advertising anything specific, just on display.

Edit, I won't count things like the Ronald McDonald/hamburgler, or BIG BOY type things, they aren't really BIG. Got to be oversized.

This should be fairly easy to get, so go forth and look for those huge things! LOL

Edited by dynodon

OK, we have some nice weather this week in the midwest at least. Let's get the current target and move on! Here is the target again:

You, Your bike of course, and a large fake animal or person or thing. The kind used to promote businesses, the huge bull, the large person (like rocketMan outside the Rocket motel in N. Illinois near Joliet...hint, hint, that would be a good one) there is a large fake elephant on I-55 near St. Louis, or I suppose it could be ANY LARGE advertising type thing, like a huge burger or huge loaf of bread etc etc. Just some oversized fake advertising or promotional thing, but not just a big sign, has to be similar to the real thing but big. (big tire as you enter Detroit is another good one, there is a large bottle of Ketchup somewhere in Illinois, the huge ball of string, or big frying pan etc etc.

It does NOT have to have advertising on it, and need not be advertising anything specific, just on display.

Edit, I won't count things like the Ronald McDonald/hamburgler, or BIG BOY type things, they aren't really BIG. Got to be oversized.

Ride, take a picture and GET THIS TARGET!

Well, it was a bit chilly today but I took off work early to go for a ride. I found a few big things, but I'm only in one of the pics. (the old clutch cover reflection).

You can't see me in the jumbo Santa pic, or the giant Christmas bulb photo. The giraffe pic you can see me in, but it's not really an large replica. More like life size.

Judges?

I know where you went, same place I was going to tomorrow. Someone approve these so he can set a new target. I have 2 days of riding left before bike gets put up for winter. Got to try and get 1 more target. LOL.

Good Job Glen, looks good to me but I'm not the one that set the target.

Weeeellll...as mentioned, the giraffe is life size, so it doesn't really count, but the Santa and the ornament are 100% what I had in mind, and we know he was there because of the reflection in the first picture. If I wanted to be a jerk, I could say nay because he wasn't in the other photos, but I will be a hero and say .... GOOD JOB! Set the next target!:cool10::happy65:

Thanks Don.

I knew those pics weren't going to be the best. It was a lot colder out today than I thought it was going to be and I was WAY under dressed. It was a shoot and scoot ride as a cloud bank coming in from the south looked like it had rain in it, and that would have been really bad with the cold. :cold:

Anyway,to get Karl on the road to the next target.......

You, your bike, and a diner.

But not just any diner. This needs to be an special diner. Polished chrome exterior or an old caboose, or an subway car, or an airplane, etc. Something.....special. Bonus points if you eat there.

Now, venture forth and ride. :bikersmilie: But bundle up, it's cold out there.

I don't know what happened with all the pictures I took, but you can barley see the top of my head in the mirror. You know this diner Straycat, it's across the street from the giraffe.

Decide if it makes it or not. Was brought to Birch Run from Yorkville NY. After it was opened in Birch Run Mi it was called Ken's dinner and was used in the movie "Whip It". It's now called the Oink Joint and serves Mexican food. NO I didn't eat there, looks like crap inside and no one speaks English. But I was there.

Edited by KarlS

Since it's Football season, lets go with a football team theme.

You , your bike and something football team related, like a football stadium, or team sign or billboard, or a uniformed player. Can be High School, College or Pros.

Good luck, I'm out until spring, I canceled my bike insurance as of midnight last night.