IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

I still want someone else to get the "Q". I only took that pic to kick myself cus I thought I picked a seldom used lettter that would be tough to find.

Later, Scooter Bob

Kin I kick you tooo??:stickpoke:

You could make it tough by specifying other than DQ.

We all know right where to find at least a half dozen DQs.

So still looking for a Q? OK. I agree, no DQ, too easy. (although I tried to do that and my camera phone ran out of battery!) LOL

We haven't had a snow/salt/ice free day/roads here since New Years day, and now, like people in a BUNCH of states, we have 15+ inches forcast for the next 48-73 hours, so instead of riding my bike, I will be riding my diesel John Deere tractor clearing the drive!

Go away SNOW, I have a Q to get!

So still looking for a Q? OK. I agree, no DQ, too easy. (although I tried to do that and my camera phone ran out of battery!) LOL

We haven't had a snow/salt/ice free day/roads here since New Years day, and now, like people in a BUNCH of states, we have 15+ inches forcast for the next 48-73 hours, so instead of riding my bike, I will be riding my diesel John Deere tractor clearing the drive!

Go away SNOW, I have a Q to get!

I have the Q just waiting to get over this cold :sick: to go get the picture.

Still snow bound. 14+" of snow this week, not the worst in the country, but bad enough.

Getting another couple inches now, just to add to the insult. At least I can have a couple fake beers (O-Douls, yea, I know but I quit drinking beer, and after a while, even this junk tastes good!) and some snacks while watching....who is playing again?

Keep seeing these post from those Florida members telling us about the great ride they just had, guess there are no Q's in Florida. :stickpoke: Seems like only us snowbound riders have cameras. :photographing: Of course maybe their not really riding, no pictures no proof. :rasberry:

Brian in beautiful sunny SoCal, about 72 degrees presently, making a Patriot Guard HOTH run tomorrow, since I don't really want to go back and read 75 pages of posting, what's this all about and what do I need to do to be a part of it?

Sorry for the long winter, although I will be in Michigan visiting my 89 year young mom from 2-16 - 2-23, so I'll get a taste of it....grew up in, somedays I'd rather be there than in all this gridlock traffic in SoCal....anyway, I'm not trying to rub it in but I'm riding all weekend in the 70's!!

What's up with this game?

Brian

:900[1]:

Big Dawg and others. The game is a scavenger hunt. You look for the current "target" get a picture of you and your bike and the target. IT is OK to have you in a reflection in the chrome or mirror since it may be hard if you are alone to get a picture of you and the bike and the target. most people take a second picture of the target and their bike just so people can see it better.

the person that gets the current target then sets a new target.

Past targets have been things like, (all of them start:)You and your bike and:__________

A police car at a donut shop, a tractor, pumpkin patch, scarecrow, bridge, lake etc etc.

Current target is You, your bike and a business with a sign/name that has a Q in it. We have decided that Dairy Queen is NOT acceptable since it is so easy to get!

Anyone can play, and you only have to look back to the last target (usually just a few messages) to see what it is. Sometimes the "group" will vote on a target if it is kind of on the edge, but usually, you get the picture, post it and set a new target.

For newbies, you will have fun going through the previous targets if you want.

The more that play, the more fun. Be inventive with targets, but don't make them so hard or obscure that most people can't play. Try to stay away from targets that are only in one area (Pacific ocean, etc). A topical or seasonal target can be fun. One I got was a yard display of blow up Christmas decorations!

Play and have fun!

The current target is You, your bike and a sign with a Q in it. You have your mission, this post will not self destruct in 30 seconds. :080402gudl_prv: and have fun.

I see you are in Flint, MI. My bro and his wife live in Vernon where we grew up. Mom is in a home in Chesaning. we'll be visiting next week, getting a taste of the winter I remember as a kid!

So I'll see what I can do with this game this weekend, got a couple rides planned.

Semper Fi!

Brian

Hey, BigDawg. Welcome to the fun! This thing has made for some fun riding and looking around the countryside.

A couple years ago, while it was snowing, I put this list of all the previous targets. Just to give you some examples of what's been done for targets in the past. I found it at the top of page 32 of this thread.

The weather has changed a bunch since Friday, because I sat in front of the computer and did this instead of riding. The roads around here are iced over now and sveral inches of snow coming tonight.

Here's a list of all the targets that have been posted so far. Maybe somebody else is looking to add some fun and another reason to ride. 38 targets so far.

You and your bike and a covered bridge

You and your bike and a caboose.

You with a baseball cap on, your bike, a baseball field (your bike doesn't need to be ON the baseball field)

Your Bike, You, and a Lighthouse

You, your bike and a ferris wheel that can carry people

you, your bike, and a zoo sign

you, your bike and a "wild" cactus

You on your bike with a historical monument

You, your bike, and a paddle river boat-not necessarily on the water but a real boat

You, Your Bike in front of a Live Giraffe

you your bike and a town outside large clock, either at the bank, courthouse what ever

You, your bike & at least one cop car at a Donut shop, Doughnut shop sign must be visible in one pic

Your bike, A single engine passenger carrying airplane, Taking off or landing

Your bike and helmet with a snowman at least 12” tall

you and your bike parked in front of a Kenworth with the driver of the truck

You,your bike & a train going by on a lonely stretch of road

your bike and a tank

Your and your bike, or your bike in front of a big roadside FISH

You your bike and a water or wind MILL

you, your bike, and an old, rusty farm implement

you, your bike and a new Dodge Challenger

you and your bike in front of a jewelry store that has a diamond in the name or logo of the store

you, your bike and "Welcome to XXXXX National Forest"

you your bike at a mountain summit with the sign showing name and height

You, your bike, & (a real life size running) FERRARI

You, Your bike in front of a Ice cream parlor. Not a DQ but a real ice cream parlor

You your bike and a costume animated character (ie. the Gecko, Mickey Mouse, Smokey Bear, McGruff well you get the idea)

You, your bike and a car older than 1940

you,your bike and a farm silo with a farm tractor..

Extra credit is given if it's a IH or Minneapolis Moline

You, Your bike and fireworks exploding in the background

You, your, bike, and a real barn roof that has been painted and says "SEE ROCK CITY"

you, your bike, in front of a giant American Flag

You, the bike and any kind of amusement park ride

you your bike and a large body of water

You your bike and a snow plow

You, your bike, and a public sign w/ the letter 'X' in it somewhere

you and your bike in front of a John Deere combine at an implement dealer

Do with the list whatever you would like.

Enjoy the ride, Scooter Bob and Karen

The current target is You, your bike and a sign with a Q in it. by Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

For newbies, you will have fun going through the previous targets if you want.

Your not kiddin' Don. I went back to look for that target list, and ended up reliving the next ten pages from there.:thumbsup2:

I think I can get 2 more days of snowmobiling in around here, before the snow goes away with this warmup, so I'll probably have the bike out in a few days. Somebody get me a new target please(since I set the current one).:stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob

The current target is You, your bike and a sign with a Q in it. by Scooter Bob

Can you still play if the bike in the picture isn't a Venture? This one is a Volusia. 13 more days until I pick up my new (new to me) 2002 RSV.

These were taken today in Harpers Ferry WV in front of the White Hall Tavern. Can't think of much better with a Q than "Liquors Old and Mellow".

Looking forward to meeting new venture riders and having fun with the scavenger hunt.

Cheers,

Dan

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/TMergl/02-13-11-002.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/TMergl/02-13-11-004.jpg

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff464/TMergl/02-13-11-007.jpg

That's a pretty small q there sir! :stickpoke:

But then the target is just that.

So I vote that Dan is the MAN and he should set the new target. It is above freezing for the next several days, so I can get back out and play again.

Go Dan...... and get us a good new target.

So I vote that Dan is the MAN and he should set the new target. It is above freezing for the next several days, so I can get back out and play again.

Go Dan...... and get us a good new target.

We have a winner.

So Dan, what are all of us going to be looking for next during this midwest warmup?

Later, Scooter Bob

You and your bike at a drive through of some sort. Extra bonus points if you hand the person working the drive through window your camera and have them take the picture.

Think the wife and I will be regulars on this thread. Great fun.

Good luck!

great target! I have a friendly Hardees employee that I can get to do that I think, and the weather looks decent for the next few days. the hunt is on people!

Better get a move on Don. I rode to work today. I should have a couple hours of hunting time when I get done.

Later, Scooter Bob

OK, 54 degrees today, rain on the way, but I got out. Now if I can remember how to post pictures, I went to our local bank on an errand for my wife. So a legit trip!

one picture from afar with me in the mirror (had a hard time leaning down) and one up close while I was at the tube thing.

Oh the burgundy car in the 2nd picture is a friend of ours that was at our house when I took off, and she went to the same bank, and covered my 6 (with her car, get your mind out of the gutter Bob!) while I took the far picture. :)

BTW, how do I get this thing to show the picture instead of the link?

driveupfar.jpg

driveupclose.jpg

Edited by dynodon

Dangit, Don you beat me on the posting. :doh:

I had this taken at 4:30, but didn't post right away, because I was waiting at the local watering hole so I could buy the gal that took the pic a drink.:beer:

So, you win Don, but do I get the extra credit because my girlfriend was working in the bank? :scratchchin:

Later, Scooter Bob

http://184.72.239.143/mu/a6b5400e-6664-371a.jpg

Edited by Scooter Bob

BTW, how do I get this thing to show the picture instead of the link?

I don't know, the pics showed up on my phone with the tapatalk, but you're right, they're not here?

But, I opened them, copied them, and pasted them here. If you post them into your thread, I'll take them back off of here.

attachment.php?attachmentid=54027&d=1297897119

attachment.php?attachmentid=54028&d=1297897119

So Don, what's the next target??:confused24:

Actually, that's why I hadn't posted while waiting for Karen to get done with work. I couldn't think of what the next target should be.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

Edited by Scooter Bob

Bob, I give you extra credit for such a great picture, and having the smarts to buy your best gal a drink!

Next target, next target......... Man it hurts to think! :bang head:

In honor of Valentines day just finished, how about:

You and your bike and a flower display. This can be a display in a store window, a flower pot on a city street, or flowers on a sign or bilboard (so those in the cold states can have a decent chance since there won't be any flowers growing yet). Extra credit if you have real flowers and are handing them to your significant other at the time.:sun: