IGNORED

clutch woes and you can all say I told you so

So I got the kit from SkyDoc back in Novemeber, I followed the instructions and upgrade the half disc to a full disc, and used the new spring while putting it together.

What a difference!!!

For about a week!!!

Several of you told me including Skydoc that I'd be doing it again soon. Well pulled the trigger and ordered the new discs, to go with the upgrade kit. I'll pull it all apart and put in the other 7 discs, Grumble grumble grumble. :bang head:

I learned that many years ago when I replaced the clutch on a Chevy Blazer 4X4. That transmission and transfer case are really heavy and awkward to handle. The last thing I wanted to do is put the tranny a second time but I didn't replace the pressure plate the first time I had it apart. Well, that was the problem and I had to pull the tranny again.

Dont feel bad. As was mentioned above, it will go much faster the second time.

Oh I remember now,,,, did that once,,, and after that I learned not to do that again,,,,,,, well, not until the next time at least,,, the last time that comes to mind was an 84 Venture,,, motor had to come out 3 times before somebody got it right,,, got to be a real expert at that procedure.