IGNORED

Spent the evening searching brake pad post

Seems a lot of people seem to like the EBC FA179HH front and FA123 rear but 2 sites said HH did not go with our bike and recommended the FA179V semi sintered for our bike has anybody went with these still would probably go organic rear to help soften the lock up. Any input would be appreciated quite confused right now.

Also spark plug $3 standard or $10 iridium

have to pull the tank to install passing lamps so want all the parts to be ready for spring.

Yep been there

Acording to EBC the V series sounds good just wondered if anyone had tried them don't know how new is new. When it comes to safety of stopping the cost isn't really an issue I just want to be able to stop but also not hurt my bike or myself. First time changing brakes on bike I've checked them and swapped pads around but first time buying if there is better then OME I'll get it if not back to the stealer.

EBC Brakes™ Semi-Sintered V-Pads™ are a new blended Semi-Sintered brake pad that combine the highest qualities of an organic brake pad with the endurance of a sintered equivalent brake pad. The V-Pad™ range have been dyno tested and prove to be longer lasting than other cheap sintered aftermarket brake pads. The Vee brake pad range are designed for the heavy cruiser/streetbike market as a replacement brake pad.

thanks for the input

• 1 month later...

So no one wants to go out on a limb with a recommendation....

I tried cheap organic pads on the 84, got them at O'Reill's Auto Parts for about $15.00 a set. They stop the bike all right but they squeal and I think HH pads would probably out perform them. I found a set of EBCs HH for $23.00 a set on Amazon, that's probably the cheapest price on the web.

I ran HH pads on my 07 for 6 years with no problems, still had some on her when she was sold with 71,000 miles, I will admit I never did put a mic on the rotors, so cannot say if the rotor wear was excessive, but like many thing in life, brake part are very dependent on how you treat them, you are a heavy breaker then things wear out faster.

I was always mindful that I had HH on the rear, given the propensity for Royals to lock up the rear wheel on semi-hard breaking situations.