IGNORED

Horn thru CB??? What in the world?

OutKast

Used CB all day today during group CMA ride. Leaving a parking lot, I tooted my weak stock horn to get someone yakking to get with the program. But man, my horn was actually LOUD! WOW! Got to the end of my ride and pulled up beside my wife's bike and told her "CHECK THIS OUT!". It was so loud it about knocked me off the bike. She said "sounds as cheesy as it always does". I took my helmet off and hit it again. Same weak toot. unplugged the helmet, switched to the speakers, hit the horn and BAM, horn sounds out of speakers (remember, headset and therefore mic are not plugged in). Turn off CB and leave just radio on and no problem.

HELP!!! If I turn up the CB loud and forget and blow the horn, I am gonna be hurting!

That is strange indeed. electrical stuff always confounds me. I had a left turn signal that blinked double time. I studied the schematics, asked about every body who would listen, traced wires, replace bulbs, replaced the blinker unit, pretty much went crazy on it... finally I fixed it by trading it in on a new venture hahahahahaha.

This is standard for all the 2nd Gens - strange, but still normal. Nothing I know that you can do about it. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Disconnect electric horns and install air horns . Thats what I did. If your squelch is turned up to much it it will pickup your horns.

Ride safe: Bigbob.

• 2 months later...

Voice operated Squelch. !!!

Question: to speak on the Intercom, do you have to Key the Mic, on a 2nd gen ??

Is the Sound of the Horn Actuating the Microphone, and feeding the loud audio ( from the Horn ) into the Microphone on your helmet. ???

Feedback?? Anyone

Voice operated Squelch. !!!

Question: to speak on the Intercom, do you have to Key the Mic, on a 2nd gen ??

Is the Sound of the Horn Actuating the Microphone, and feeding the loud audio ( from the Horn ) into the Microphone on your helmet. ???

Feedback?? Anyone

No you don't key the mike for IC on the 2nd gen. I don't think that's the problem... the Stebel is much louder and I don 't get the horn through the speakers anymore.

ok so let me get this straight 2nd gens have issues with final drives, horns doing strange things like blowing through speakers and head sets not to mention less power (slower) . really sounds to me like those of us who have 1st gens have the better bikes.:big-grin-emoticon:

Greetings...

ok so let me get this straight 2nd gens have issues with final drives, horns doing strange things like blowing through speakers and head sets not to mention less power (slower) . really sounds to me like those of us who have 1st gens have the better bikes.:big-grin-emoticon:

I thought that was a given?

I know I don't suffer from Harley Envy on my 89 VR...