IGNORED

sad day yeserday

kevin-vic-b.c.

I went to a memorial service yesterday for a rider that had lived in my city and we had coffee many times on "coffee nights"

I guess we all know that IT could happen to us. Ben was a fun loving guy, loved his sport bike, had a few Ducati bikes. One he had that color change paint on it... so officer what color was the bike you saw speeding?

Ben was an Engineer, he had worked for the local Transit authority here helping develop alternate fuel source transit options. When that job ended he moved to Atlanta Georgia to work for their Transit system. He had been there for a couple years, kept a long distance relationship with a lady that he ended up marrying and finally this June she was able to get a Visa to join him in Atlanta. They bought a home there, they were both lovers of the wind.

On October 1st he and his wife were on on their bikes, stopped at a red light. A semi ran the light... from behind them. Ben was dragged by the truck and as it hit a car going through the intersection and ended up off the road. Ben was declared dead at the scene, his wife was knocked off her bike and suffered a minor injury.

At Ben's memorial yesterday we were told Ben was a "hugger" so they asked us all to turn and hug someone beside us.

Do me a favor.... hug someone today will ya.

Kevin

Thoughts and Prayers Up for your friends wife, the family, friends and you in this time of grieving Kev.. Sounds like Ben was the kind of person that the world needs more of, may the memories of the times enjoyed with him sustain each of you throughout these dark hours... Sad indeed!!

Rest In Peace Ben..

Puc n Tippy (we hugged in honor of your memory)