IGNORED

Grounding points

I'm having an electrical problem and I need to check the grounding points on a 2nd generation bike. On the schematic for a 2nd gen. It shows two grounding points. The one that connects to the battery and then one that comes off the ground wire for all the other components that eventually ties into the grounding strap off the battery. When you open the link go to the battery (lower right and side) and you will see the two points. I want to know where the one to the left is. Thanks :confused24:

http://www.venturerider.org/wiring/99-09%20Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Venture%20Wiring%20Diagram%20Rev%20B.pdf

I can't speak to the wiring diagram but there is at least one ground point behind the rear seat. Several wires are connected to a bolt going into the frame.

Mike

I have both seats off and I see no wires grounded to the frame. :confused24::confused24:

There is another on the right rear of the engine behind the horn

That would be the one to the right of the battery on the schematic. That is the main ground. If you look to the left of the battery you see a connector then the ground. I have found the connector but not the grounding point. After that grounding point a whole bunch of components hook to this wire. I would like to find this grounding point and clean it. If that does not help the next step is tracing the wire back to the connector looking for a bad connection. As you know the wiring harness are wrapped tightly and that would be removed and can never be duplicated. This is why I want to find this grounding point before it gets to that point. Chances are if no major repair work was done you would not know were this grounding point is. See http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?91126-Charging-system-not-working