IGNORED

Check out the featured touring bike in this scooter rag you guys

cowpuc

If someone here buys it, hope they share the article.....would be cool to add this to our web site for all to enjoy!

I didn't buy that particular magazine on eBay, because I already have it. I've eleven issues from 1987 Road Rider magazine, missing February. I'm not sure about copyright issues. Am I allowed to scan and post the article?

Here is a 'test' post of a Yamaha Venture ad from that 1987 magazine. A jpg scan of the ad(s) is not easily readable in the size that is allowed here, so I scanned it as a pdf. We'll see how that works.

Yamaha Venture Advertisement_0001.pdfYamaha Venture Advertisement.pdf

IMG_0001 (Large).jpgIMG (Large).jpg

Edited by Prairiehammer

Here is a 'test' post of a Yamaha Venture ad from that 1987 magazine. A jpg scan of the ad(s) is not easily readable in the size that is allowed here, so I scanned it as a pdf. We'll see how that works.

[ATTACH]95147[/ATTACH][ATTACH]95148[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95150[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95151[/ATTACH]

AWESOME HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!! :cool10::cool10:

Noticed the comment on the first page, second picture, blue bike with a guy that looks a little like YammerDan,,, had to make a comment about his bike being fast :rotf:

In the body of the ad,, it mentions 87 being an anniversary model and being able to get a plaque with your name on it.. Wonder if any of our members did that and if they still own their bike:stirthepot:.. Was that plague attached to the bike,,, if so,, anyone got an 87 with the plaque and original owners name on it:stirthepot:... That would be pretty cool!!

REALLY GOOD READIN HERE HAMMER!! THANKS....

Here are jpg scans of the RoadRider article "Minor Model Changes" about a tour test of the 1987 Venture by Clement Salvadori. If the scans are too small to read, I'll repost the scans as pdf.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95153[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95154[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95155[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95156[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95157[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]95158[/ATTACH]

and AWESOME on this too!! I did notice the writers comments about the need for upgrading the seating... I personally, have NEVER found a bike whose stock seating fits me (and the rider) as well as the MK-1 - 83/84 models and have spent a fair amount of hours in em.. I dont agree with the writer,,, I think all changes away from that original design have been self defeating BUT,, the 83/84's have been what we have ridden for many years... WHAT A GREAT READ,, REALLY FUN!!

Thanks again PrairieHammer!!

Got any more? (greedy sucker aint I)...:shock3:

• 2 weeks later...
AWESOME HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!! :cool10::cool10:

Noticed the comment on the first page, second picture, blue bike with a guy that looks a little like YammerDan,,, had to make a comment about his bike being fast :rotf:

In the body of the ad,, it mentions 87 being an anniversary model and being able to get a plaque with your name on it.. Wonder if any of our members did that and if they still own their bike:stirthepot:.. Was that plague attached to the bike,,, if so,, anyone got an 87 with the plaque and original owners name on it:stirthepot:... That would be pretty cool!!

REALLY GOOD READIN HERE HAMMER!! THANKS....

and AWESOME on this too!! I did notice the writers comments about the need for upgrading the seating... I personally, have NEVER found a bike whose stock seating fits me (and the rider) as well as the MK-1 - 83/84 models and have spent a fair amount of hours in em.. I dont agree with the writer,,, I think all changes away from that original design have been self defeating BUT,, the 83/84's have been what we have ridden for many years... WHAT A GREAT READ,, REALLY FUN!!

Thanks again PrairieHammer!!

Got any more? (greedy sucker aint I)...:shock3:

My 87 has that plaque on it with the original owner's name. I am the 3rd owner. I used to subscribe to RR until just before it changed to MCN. I talked to them in early 2000's and Patti Carpenter( one of the founders) was still at the helm but husband Bob had passed away. Roger Hull was with them for a long time as was Cliff Boswell who was their camping editor. He founded International Brotherhood of Motorcycle Campers, which is still going. Back in the day if you wanted information and stories on real motorcycle travel them and Rider were the only places to go

My 87 has that plaque on it with the original owner's name. I am the 3rd owner. I used to subscribe to RR until just before it changed to MCN. I talked to them in early 2000's and Patti Carpenter( one of the founders) was still at the helm but husband Bob had passed away. Roger Hull was with them for a long time as was Cliff Boswell who was their camping editor. He founded International Brotherhood of Motorcycle Campers, which is still going. Back in the day if you wanted information and stories on real motorcycle travel them and Rider were the only places to go

WOW!! How cool is that Peg!!! Where did they stick the plaque at at on the bike?? I am taking it that not all 87's have the plaque,, probably something the original owner had to special order? Way way cool that there is one still around...