IGNORED

Battery Care Over Winter

Quick question. For those who reside in a more frigid climate, how do you care for your battery over the winter months? Do you leave it installed with a tender or do you remove it and store indoors over the winter months? I have adopted a rather inhospitable, un-insulated garage and I am trying to determine if removal of the battery will extend its life or if the use of a tender will exact the same results.

Thanks,

Thomas

As long as the battery is maintained at a full charge, it will not freeze. Either way, indoors or outdoors, you should keep a tender on it. Not a trickle charger, but a true 'tender' or maintainer, that will cycle on and off as required to maintain a full charge.

:sign yeah that:

I leave mine in the bike and put a tender on it once in a while. If the temperature gets above freezing I start the bike and run it until the pipes get hot then shut it down. I store mine on the lift adapter with legs.

Starting the bike does nothing but introduce moisture into the exhaust, possibly causing rustout issues in the exhaust. The only time I start the bike over winter is when it's going out for a ride. I do however cycle the key on every so often to keep the carb bowls full.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2