IGNORED

Not bike related..but what is this thing?

Eck

I have never seen one of these things and I have NO idea as to what it is or for..

It looks something like a lawn mower trailer hitch of some type?

Watch it be something I should have owned years ago.............:think:

I have never seen one of these things and I have NO idea as to what it is or for..

Oh!..Oh!..Oh!....I know!!! It'sa..it'sa it'sa.... No I don't...just kidding...:)

Actually I think it's a shackle of some sort.... :confused07:

Actually, it's an attachment for hooking mules or horses up to different farming equipment. It's been so long I can't remember which ones.

Kirby,

You might be right on here.. I remember when I picked up this piece off a shelf in an old barn today that beneath the shelf there was a very old hand plow. I put my hand on the plow, but I was not interested in it. This old part caught my eye and I never once gave thought that it could have attached to that plow somehow where animals could pull it..

Would like to find out what the name of this thing is though.

Thanks for the insite!

Eck

It is called a clevis. The three 'slots' are for adjusting draft on a drawn implement, possibly a potato plow. Some photos of it and others.

Edited by Prairiehammer

Hmmmm,, I think thats an old medical device called a separator.. It was used by Doctors years ago on male patients when the patient and his wife had a full quiver and wanted to stop arrow production.. The device's main purpose was to assist the doctor in making sure his snipping was accurate.. I have also heard rumors that one of the reasons Doctors stopped using this particular instrument was due to sterile ice shortages in some areas and that new separators were invented that required less than 1/2 of the original amount of recovery ice.. Thusly moving mankind out of the Ice Age and into modern days.. :detective:

OH MY GOD!!!!!! We had them things and the wrenches on the farm!!! We even hadt the old horse drawn equipment! You know a seed drill is old when the only parts on it are made of metal are the fittings. We used that stuff right up into the 70's!!!!! :bang head: