IGNORED

Cool weather tip

baylensman

So most of us do carry rain gear on our bikes. Some of us even two sets (significant other)

Last fall we went out for a ride up the beach, grabbed a late lunch with my brother. Heading home as the sun set it got chilly fast!!! I know i'm in florida, but if your out on a 75' day with a tee shirt, and the temp hits 55 or so that's a bit BRRRRR.

So Cindy and I came up with a cool weather bag for our trips. We went to Sears and grabbed two XXl micro suede shirts, a couple pair of cheap isotoner style gloves, and two knit headbands.

We stuffed it all in two one gallon zip bags, I pressed em down she closed em up. They take up very little room and now live next to the rain suits in the one saddle bag.

these don't replace our cool/cold weather gear when we knowingly head out, (either leather jackets or hoodies or both with padded guantlets and head gear) but its a just in case kind of thing.:backinmyday:

I always carry an extra fleece vest with a high collar and a balaclava for cold nights specially in the fall for cool days and nights. Light compression bags available from camping stores are great for saving space. The frogg Toggs I always carry also help some when it gets cool. Dealing with frost on the windshield is my biggest issue. Unlike glass you can't just scrape it off.

Edited by saddlebum

I always carry an extra fleece vest with a high collar and a balaclava for cold nights specially in the fall for cool days and nights. Light compression bags available from camping stores are great for saving space. The frogg Toggs I always carry also help some when it gets cool. Dealing with frost on the windshield is my biggest issue. Unlike glass you can't just scrape it off.

Motorcycle cover...

Also keeps the inquisitive types away...:whistling:

Living in central Fla, I never travel without raingear. Even when we lived in Oklahoma I learned I better be carrying it with me. Even a lightweight jacket or shirt will help out under the raingear as it holds the wind out.

Highway rest areas are spaced out perfectly for below 35 degree temps on Motorcycles (45 degree temps if rider(s) are AARP Members).. Most provide "body heaters" (hand dryers) in their rest rooms.. As your running on numb wobbly legs thru the lobby toward the body heater zones (rest rooms), you will usually notice a stack of I.B.I's (Inexpensive Body Insulators) - also known as Hotel Coupon Books.. Reach down and grab a handful of these on your way into the bathrooms where the body heaters are located..

Turn on a body heater, lay on floor under it.. After thawing out, walk into a stall and remove shirt or jacket (or garbage bag if thats all you happen to have had to wrap up in at previous stop).. Wrap I.B.I.'s around arms and slide down inside undergarments, stuff I.B.I.'s in chest and back area.. Tuck some around waste,, along neckline - fold them, part inside leaving half exposed so wind will blow I.B.I. back along neckline in wind.. Wrap legs inside pants in same manner..

Some States keep their I.B.I.'s under lock and key,, these are unfriendly States to motorcyclists.. Dont despair if this applies to your adventure.. E.I.B.I.'s (Emergency I.B.I's = toilet paper) can almost always be found and is almost as good.. The only real problem with using this product is it has to be monitored between stops as it likes to get caught in the wind and blow all over the highway.. It also makes a little more of mess if it gets wet...

Next rest area should not be as long of a stop (especially if riding in a Biker Friendly State with a good supply of I.B.I.'s) as all that is usually necessary is an extra few minutes laying under a body heater to warm the previously installed I.B.I.'s...

Also,, empty milk jugs cut and placed over bar controls work great for Hand Protectors BUT they do look kinda funny so I only use them in extreme cold... :detective: