IGNORED

What do you love most about riding?

Broncoboy36081

Nothing can erase the day like putting on the helmet and heading home the long way.

I agree. I love taking the week long trips each year and my weekend rides alone or with friends or family. But the best feeling of all is when I pull out of the parking lot after work. It makes that feeling of breaking free from the grind each day so much better. And surprisingly I ride to work year round and every day as long as there is no snow/ice and that free feeling still comes to me each and every day.

I was stationed with VP-30 in Jacksonville, FL and while I was not a member of the aviation community per se, I did get to fly a number of times on the P-3 Orion. Like many people I assumed that if you're flying then you have that sensation of "flying"....speed, slicing through the sky etc. But I found that standing in the cockpit behind the flight engineer looking through the windshield that there was no sensation of speed. We just seemed to be floating along until we entered a cloud and you saw the speed effect as you moved past. I found it rather boring actually. You need more than just speed in order to recognize that you are moving fast.

But...when I'm cruising along on the Venture, I get that sensation that I thought I would get in the P-3..."flying", speed and myself as the "Pilot". So riding the bike (trike in my case) is about as close to flying as I'll ever really get. Plus don't we all love to just cruise along, watching the "cagers" and knowing that unless they also ride they will NEVER know the feeling that you have every time you straddle the saddle and push the button. :thumbsup2:

I must agree with all. But FREEDOM is the biggest part I feel. Puts me back to my first cross country trip at a young age, when there were not worries or responcibilities. Can't beat the scenery on any ride. Love the back roads, but still enjoy the rides through big cities on ocassion. What is most appealing is how many people you meet, all walks of life that want to talk about a lonely soul on the open road. They all wish, they shoulda, coulda, woulda before the time passed. I'm about to retire and the bucket list is calling me to do a continious ride through the US and Canada, to stay on the road for as close to a year as feasible.

I haven't been at this very long, but here's my take on it.

I drive delivery the majority of my time on the job. I spend hours a day in a cage. It's gotten to the point that I dread having to take my truck to work.

Riding is my freedom, my time to let it all go and spend some time with my friend upstairs.

I love wrenching and I love riding.

Now the situation is different. I was riding on a permit. Friday I got my endorsement. Now I can hop on that bike on a day off and go wherever I please. The freedom thrills me!

rid'n for me is where i find my peace n serenity! me n the man upstairs enjoying all he has created! no cares n no worry's, able to lose the work-a-day world for bunch of wonderful hours of rid'n a bunch of backroads of this great country of ours!!!!:thumbsup2::lightbulb::Venture:

I agree. For me it's to unwind, unplug from the world, it's normal procedures, problems, the daily routine. I get to relax, listen to music, listen to the road. Take in the sights, sounds and smells.mit balances me. Makes me realize there are things that I take for granted. Make me stop focusing on petty nonsense. It sort of "frees" me for how many miles I ride. I am able to just chill out and relax. When I come home, I am more relaxed, more in focus, more even keeled to handle the daily grind....

I can't put a finger on it, but I will say, I am excited to ride each and every time I get on my bike. Riding has been my favorite thing to do since getting back into motorcycling 2 years ago, after a lay off of over 25 years.

My highlights:

It has taken me out of my comfort zone by doing things like going on a road trip to Vancouver last year, and to Venture West in Oregon this year - experiences I'll never forget.

It is therapeutic to head out on a nice relaxing ride.

It is nice to do something that not everyone will do, but many wish they did.

It can also be a conversation piece, as I have noticed random people will strike up a conversation with me at gas stations, parking lots, and even at the occasional red light.

Best of all,

motorcycles are indeed cool, so, perhaps by association, we too, are cool!

:12101:

I have been riding since I was 10, , a Cushman Super Eagle, and I KNEW I

Was hooked after the 1st ride.

Have rode all sorts, styles, and brands,

One thing I learned after several years, ,

It's not what you ride, it's THAT you ride.

I love the feel of crawling on the scoot,

Feeling the wind, the smells of fresh cut

Grass or hay, the difference in temps as you ride

From sunshine into shade or into a valley.

I love the feel of my wife, Patti, behind me

Knowing how much enjoyment it brings

both of us.

I just love riding, around town, a day ride

with friends or alone, or a long trip.

"It's a Riding Thang". As some one said

If I have to explain, you would not understand. :322:

Riding...just riding... love to ride...LOVE to ride!

And I just don't care...back roads or superslab, warm weather or cold, rain or shine, day or night, fast or slow, twisties or flat land...solo or two up, lone wolf or gang!

Miles? 1, 10, 100, 1000... just don't care.

I just love to get on and ride!

"I can't get enough of that "Funky stuff"! (Kool And The Gang 1973)

All the little noises and concerns that haunt life fade away. It doesn't matter which bike I take out, the background noise just vanishes. (I have to admit I prefer the "BIG V")

Each has the ability to charm and quiet my soul, leaving me at peace as I get the checks in the box for another day with my family.

When I am riding all of the little voices in my head that seem to always be screaming for my attention seem to relax, sit back and enjoy the ride along with me. I am so much calmer and relaxed right after getting off of the bike. Even just the 21 mile commute to and from work.

My girl has noticed it my boss and coworkers have noticed it, and others that know me well have noticed it.

They all say that we are coming into the scary season, and that is not Halloween. Its the PMS season that will be setting in soon.

I agree. I love taking the week long trips each year and my weekend rides alone or with friends or family. But the best feeling of all is when I pull out of the parking lot after work. It makes that feeling of breaking free from the grind each day so much better. And surprisingly I ride to work year round and every day as long as there is no snow/ice and that free feeling still comes to me each and every day.

This here is it for me, all except the snow, I ran away from that crap:thumbsup:

They all say that we are coming into the scary season, and that is not Halloween. Its the PMS season that will be setting in soon.

PMS = Post Motorcycle Season I presume? I think I suffer from that as well.

Close.

PMS = Parked Motorcycle Syndrome. It can happen at any time, not just in the off season.

:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to

What can I say. I find the only time I can find focus, peace, and complete serenity is when I am riding my bike. It makes me feel healthy, happy, and I have not a single care in the world while I am on it! The only way to get a good breath of fresh air for me is while riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk