IGNORED

Back in the saddle again.

Gary N.

12 weeks since I got my new knee and I went for a good ride today. Only about three hours off and on but no issues. My knee is still pretty stiff and it is worse when I stay in the same position for too long, like sitting on the bike. So I stopped often and got off and didn't have any problems.

I was hoping to do a fall bike trip but I'm really not ready yet and Mary has no plans to get on the bike with me yet either. So next week we are trying a bus trip to the Cape Cod area. This will be a new experience for us. Hope it works out.

I found that the best exercise after my knee replaced was riding my bicycle. At first it really hurt and I had to actually slide my hips over in order for the knee to bend far enough. After continuing, the knee slowly limbered up and rode with ease. Each day, for awhile, I had to repeat the process until finally it all worked perfect again. Just takes awhile.

That's good news Gary, good for you! Three weeks from tomorrow and I'll be getting my new hip. The wife and I just got back Thursday from a 1300 mile trip with another couple. The hip is sore, but not nearly as much as I expected, we averaged about 200 miles a day so that helped some too. Good luck to you on the trip.