IGNORED

Anyone ever Make a Windshield Pouch/bag?

Sisbaiken

So I picked up a tri-pouch/bag (Tourmaster Coaster SL Windshield Bag)for my Venture (brand new $10), and surprise the "tail" wasn't long enough. I like the looks and functionality, because it has the magnetic snaps. Did I mention it looks good on the bike (from holding it in place!!!).

On to the Question:

Has anyone here ever worked with Kydex or boltran? It is a pliable material used to make holsters. I don't want to use it to heat up and form but from what I can tell it is sewable??? I think I can rip the stitching out and put a new piece of this plastic type (1/16) material stitched to the back. I found a Leather guy who will do it (He has heavy duty sewing machines) but he hasn't a clue what the plastic material is.

Does anyone or has anyone used something else to make one?

It should be noted I have never used Kydex or Boltran I just found it while searching for a pliable 1/16th thick plastic material.

Edited by Sisbaiken

I'm surprised the tourmaster won't work. The tail may not slide all the way down behind the windshield mounting screws, but on mine goes down enough that the windshield will pinch the bag to the dash and it should hold fine. I have a different brand but very similar. Been on for the last 50k with no issues.

Guest tx2sturgis

I just drilled thru the windshield and bolted one in place.

Use stainless steel or chrome or black hardware (chrome acorn nuts anyone?) along with matching or stainless steel fender washers. Looks good enough for the girls I go out with.

:happy34:

Ditto on what Cagie said,

I have some around my loading bench that I have used to make clips to attach button snap closures to for some IWB holsters that I have made for myself. You are not going to be sewing that onto anything. You could drill it to a small hole, maybe 1/16 inch or so... or maybe melt holes into it with small needles...

Larry...:cool: