IGNORED

The Black Beast is READDYYYYYYY

Steve S

I have to add a couple of things to this post since I got busted. My best friend and riding buddy, he rides a Roadstar:confused24:, read this post and got his feelings hurt. (I didn't know he had any!:whistling:) It seems that I forgot to mention that he helped with the repairs in several major ways.

He was there to laugh really hard at me when I forgot to let the air off the forks when I pulled the plug to drain the oil. (I didn't know that that little bit of oil could soak an entire set of clothes.) He was also around to help hide the one tool that I must have to put something back together. (There is no way I can finish a project without stopping for an hour to find that one special wrench.) Oh and I could never go without telling that he unplugged ALL of the electrical connections under the license plate to take the trunk off.(NONE of them had to be unplugged)(Well he didn't unplug em all, but this is my story and I will tell it like I want.)

He did contribute in some minor ways. He made sure the luggage rack was set straight so we only had to drill one set of holes. And he was very helpfull in running the new brake lines. (I couldn't reach that rear one.) Also he provided some much needed comic relief and some very good encouragement when things started going bad.

But I think the greatest contribution he made was to just be there when I needed him. I had to go in for some emergency surgery and he was able to help the wife take care of the pets and the house while I was in the hospital. So Johnny, this is my way of saying thanks man.:thumbsup2:

After 4 months and several interuptions for some real strange reasons, I have finally managed to finish repairing my 04 Midnight that I wrecked in Nov. All that is left to do is get the license from the state and I am ready to roll again.:dancefool:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it rides now. I changed out the stock fork springs with some from Sonic Springs. I also changed the fork oil to 10 w. I hope that will stiffen the front end up enough to stop the diving I experience when I come down hard on the front brakes in a corner.

I also took the risers out and changed the handle bars to a set from Flanders. They feel so much better and I dont have the rattle that the fairing was making.

The only thing I am really concerned about is the removal of the rear lowering kit. It sure feels awful high with the stock shock links back in. I may make a set that is somewhere in between stock and Baron's size. Any ideas on this?????

All that is left to do is replace the winshield with a Clearview shield. Hopefully that will be in when I return from work around the 15th of April. (Just why does work have to get in the way of riding??????)

Thanks to everyone that was able to help through the Tech section. I was awful quick to go look up things that I was not sure of.

Ride safe.

Good going there Steve. :thumbsup2:

Like you I've been doing some of the same stuff due to an accident wife and I had at Vogal last August. My project is taking a bit longer since I decided to trike the bike since I was doing some major repairs.

I'd like to hear what your thoughts are with the Sonic springs and Flander bar combination once you put a few miles on the bike. I changed out my springs for the Sonic's as well plus added the Flander bars while I had the front end torn apart. i'm looking at another week or two before my bike is road worthy again. Waiting on the body work to be finished at the paint shop now.

Larry