IGNORED

Puking Oil

Examine the breather cover (oblong twinkie shape)that sits atop the crankcase, between the cylinders.

There are 3 fittings on top...

a steel line (hi pressure oil)

a smaller hose (coolant)

a larger hose (crankcase vent to airbox).

Are they all in place? Is the crankcase vent connected to airbox?

Also with bike on mainstand, check oil level (window down below brake pedal on crankcase) oil level should be about 1/2 full with engine off after running a few minutes.

If the glass is right full, chances are the engine is overfull with oil and carrying oil

up the breather hose.

Edited by Neil86

to much oil was correct.....and btw I just had my wife look while I held it upright LOL these bikes are HEAVY I could not get it on center stand I laugh....why would they have an 1100lb with a center stand???

or is there a technique??

so on with the other stuff......is there any place now that i have to worry about making sure that oil did not get into for fear of tearing it up??:12101:

To ease getting it up on centerstand, pump the rear shock up to 65 psi. This lifts the height of the bike making it much easier pull over the hump. My '88VR has the built-in compressor so this is easy.

Regarding the oil overfill, simply loosen the drain plug and remove it for a moment.....be ready to thread if back in so it won't all drain. You may need to top up if too much is lost. No problems associated with overfill if caught in time.... about the only possibility is residual oil dripping from air cleaner box if oil had been pushed into it.

-Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

Taper the end of a one foot long 2 x 6 so that you can place the 2x6 in front of your rear tire and then push the bike up on it. Use a short piece of a 2x4 under the side kick stand until you can get a good grip on it to lift it on to the center stand.

Centre stand tutorial... it's easier than you think:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS0uToSeM34&feature=youtube_gdata_player]How To Put Your Honda Goldwing GL1800 On The Center Stand - YouTube[/ame]

I know it's a GW video but it's the one I learned off.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

They didn't make a full on touring bike for those 5 years.

In 1996 they started the Royal Star line of cruisers using a detuned version of the V4, finally in 1999 Yamaha brought back the Venture

as a Royal Star model...thus 2nd Generation of the Venture.