IGNORED

Headset microphones

Donvito

I was able to determine, with Dion's help, that the problem with my intercom is the microphones. They are about 20 years old and are J & M HS-134. The speakers work in both headsets.

Performed some exploratory surgery on one of the microphones. I have attached pictures showing what I found. I don't know the terminology but I'm wondering how the u-shaped piece attaches to the round piece? Or if the u-shaped piece was a circle originally and I lost the remainder when I cut open the housing.

Has anyone repaired or replaced these things and where do you get the parts?

Any info is appreciated as I don't know much about how it works.

Thanks.

I looked to be some sort of bonding agent when I looked at them the other day. but you couldn't really see on the mic part where it was attached. like existing solder or anything.

From my own searches J&M and sierra and edsets look to be $60+ for a mic. for about $20 more you get all new stuff. I am messing around building a homemade headset and so far the mic has been my stumbling block. I have been busy on another project of lately here so thats been on the back burner.

I need two microphones and two lower wires. From Sierra, for J & M the prices are $70 for the microphone and $60 for the wires or $130 per headset. Looking at those numbers, probably better off buying new headsets.

Considering IMC's for $85 but not sure of the quality compared to J & M. Anyone have an opinion.