IGNORED

Why those Nevada Ghost Towns are important, or, Close Encounters....

cowpuc

I love Ghost Towning,, described by myself as the act of finding an abandoned town or, building, while out touring on the scoot... I have done my share of it, both off roading the bike and while traveling the Interstates on the same.. Doesnt matter if its an abandoned motel in Chicago that we happen to camp under an overhang of or an old abandoned town in the middle of Mountains of Utah. I classify em as Ghost Towns if they are obviously that,, only inhabited by Ghosties..

I posted this video up cause its actually the first time I/we have been rescued by a Ghost Town.. Usually its me rescuing the town by adding life to it,,, this time it was different...

Something else I wanna add,, while not a destructive person by nature, I left some notes on the wall of this abandoned building (watch and you'll see).. I KNOW most of you arent that childish BUT,,, as we were leaving this fine establishment I mentioned to Tippy how cool it would be if someone saw this video, happened to go by that place at another time and they chose to stop, pick up a piece of old drywall and sign the wall near our names,,, get a Ghost Town Pen Pal Club going or something... Crazy eay.. Location is given in the video if your crazy enough to take the challenge!!:rotf:

Puc

What a great way to start the morning!! I love these iPhone productions. Puc, you and Tippy need to start a TV show. "The Adventures of the Pucster and Tippy, co-staring Tweek" Maybe if you post enough of these things you'll get discovered...... :thumbsup2:

Cool video Puc !

Just one Q? How did you two find my house :rotfl:

Oh man Buddy,, had I have known that was your place I wouldnt have written on the walls like I did,, please forgive me - I will personally remove the writing next time I come thru..

By the way, any chance I could rent that stall we were parked in? Little bit of fixin I could take that lift you left in the ground and work on four bikes at once..

What a great way to start the morning!! I love these iPhone productions. Puc, you and Tippy need to start a TV show. "The Adventures of the Pucster and Tippy, co-staring Tweek" Maybe if you post enough of these things you'll get discovered...... :thumbsup2:

Would be a better reality show than whats out there now for sure.......Hope they discover you soon Puc......:080402gudl_prv:

I applied with Hollow Wood out in California and they said my productions were to close to being actual cartoons.. They also said their Saturday Morning time slots were full of other cartoons that, in their words, had less of a chance of having a negative impact on or causing nightmares for the children viewing these types of programs:rotf::stirthepot:

THANK YOU for the vote of confidence though you guys!! I feel inspired now,, maybe its time for another episode of "The Adventures Of The Pucster and Tippy,, co-staring Tweeks" (Jack,,, Jack,,, how do you come up with these ideas:rotf::rotf: - maybe YOU will be our special guest star on the next episode :stirthepot:

Edited by cowpuc

• 2 weeks later...

I am laying in a hotel room 93 miles away from the intersection of 95 & 6 with Exodus (my RSV) sitting outside. Wednesday I will have good weather and some free time. I am going to go find that building. I'll post the pics when I get there.

NOW HOW COOL IS THAT COFF!! I just read to Tip what you wrote - her response was the same as mine - WISH WE WERE THERE WITH YOU BUDDY!!:bighug::backinmyday:

CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THE PICS!!

By the way,, watch out for the Ghosties, dont get busted for writing on the walls, watch out for the siding that blew off when we were there - NAILS and take LOTS of pics for us!!

Man that is NEAT!!

Just had an epiphany,, look around the place a bit,, maybe you and I could put on a Rally at that location,, little fixen, hook a genny to the area and power up the floor lift,, hang some patio lights out so those guys that are directionally challenged (trust me - I have met a few on here that are) can find it... Sit around all night and tell ghost storys!!

Man I wish I was with ya brother!!

Puc

DSCN4407.JPG

DSCN4411.JPG

DSCN4412.JPG

Well I did not find the building, but I cannot call today a failure.

As I was getting ready to leave, I saw another RSV at the gas station I was going to fill up at, so I had to go say hi. He is not a member of this forum, but he will be soon. He is from Wisconsin and was heading to see his brother in Idaho. He had a job in TX and then AZ and normally would have flown, but he figured the weather was good so why not ride... my kind of guy.

When he finished in AZ he decided since he was on this side of the states that he would go see his brother. There were 3 routes to get to Idaho, he picked the one that went by Death Valley because he wanted to ride through it. That route is hundreds of miles out of the way.

This morning his brother decided to ride out and meet him and ride the last day in with him. They were planning to meet around Tonopah. I let him know I was going there and he asked if he could ride with me.

So we set out to go find his brother and an old building. We passed his brother and it took a little bit of time to catch back up with him, but we did. Then we all finished the ride to Tonopah. they pealed off and got some food and supplies for camping and I went looking for the building. I did not have as much daylight as I had planned. I drove all around 95 and 6 but could not find that place anywhere. I did not explore side streets due to lack of sunlight.

I refueled and took a 100 mile ride in the moon lit desert with nothing but a few cars and tons of stars to keep me company. It was a great night, and of course I got Tyler to sign my bike. I did not get his brother to after we met him. I should have. He had a 2014 Tenere GS. It was very nice. I want one now.

All in all, I could not have picked a better way to spend a day.

WOW Coff,, sounds and looks like you had a great ride out there!!! LOVE THE PICS!!!

Its amazing the really neat folks you can meet along the trail if ya just take a second aint it? Sorry you missed the Ghost Town that rescued us.. Here is a map shot of its location..

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.0181803,-117.8891329,2966m/data=!3m1!1e3

Something tells me that you had the other intersection of 95 and 16, the one closer to Tonohpa, BUT, as always, its the search that is the adventure and YOU certainly proved that,, again!!!

great video, and thanks so much for posting you made me smile and grin.

I have a couple of questions though.....

What kind of meds are you on,.......and do you share? :p:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Love the vids, thanks again for taking the time to do them,

Brian

great video, and thanks so much for posting you made me smile and grin.

I have a couple of questions though.....

What kind of meds are you on,.......and do you share? :p:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Love the vids, thanks again for taking the time to do them,

Brian

Your more than welcome Brian, THANK YOU for the kudo's my friend!!

The drug is life, more than happy to share - take all you want my friend!! Word of warning though,, its addictive - it can be dangerous and, some folks will run and hide when they see ya coming.. :confused24: On a positive note though (always end on a positive note), most bad guys,, gangs - real bikers - thugs will also leave ya alone when your "buzzin"..:rotf::rotf:

• 4 weeks later...

I love cowpuc!! He always reminds me of the one family member that's just so cool, mixed with just a tad bit nutty.. Never any problems dealing with him, but ya just know, he may one day just drive a Sherman tank down your street on Halloween, just because. He's a great guy to be in the family, but if you never knew him,you'd say he probably works or better yet owns, the clown Motel..... All love Pucster!!!!:bighug:

The main thing is he wears his heart on his sleeve and that's evident by how much he is liked by all of us here. And how he can put a 57 room house on his bike when riding....