IGNORED

Mustang or Ultimate? Which is best?

Merlin61

I currently have a Mustang with the backrest (3 piece). I'm seem to be having more & more problems with the comfort of it. Maybe it's because it has 30K miles of travel in it or maybe my arse is just tired of the Mustang. I would be willing to buy the Ultimate set up if I knew it would cure my distance problems.

For those that have dealt with both I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this. I have a long trip planned next year to the west and want to make sure I'm ready.

Thanks in advance, Merle

All a matter of opinion. I had the Butt Buffer installed under the stock vinyl seat cover in 2002 at The Honda Hoot and never looked back. In 2012 the Butt Buffer was feeling the weight of my butt for so long it gave out. I then had the seats redone with thicker gel pad and brown saddle leather. This should last the rest of my riding life since I will never sell Sylvester.

:farmer:

Merlin,

Both are very good manufacturer's. The issue is your own. We all fit different seats. Those who ride the Mustangs like them. I've owned two of them and both were harder than the stock seat, sat me farther forward but worked very well on the 650 Classic but not so well on the 950T. I find the 950 Mustang sits me to far forward...to close to tank.

The Corbins are harder...but big people love the support.

The Ultimates are most expensive, but those who like them...love them!

The only solution is to find a way to try them. Buy from a reputable dealer so if a return can happen, it will be painless...

Merlin,

Both are very good manufacturer's. The issue is your own. We all fit different seats. Those who ride the Mustangs like them. I've owned two of them and both were harder than the stock seat, sat me farther forward but worked very well on the 650 Classic but not so well on the 950T. I find the 950 Mustang sits me to far forward...to close to tank.

The Corbins are harder...but big people love the support.

The Ultimates are most expensive, but those who like them...love them!

The only solution is to find a way to try them. Buy from a reputable dealer so if a return can happen, it will be painless...

Ultimate does give a guarantee, I surely thinking about giving them a try when the time comes.

I have had my Tour Deluxe for 6+ years now. Over five of those years has been with the Ultimate seats installed for both myself and my wife. Simply put, it changed our riding life. It is still extremely comfortable, and I can still ride a whole tank of gas out and never get off the bike while I'm filling up and continue riding. We have ridden everywhere from the Smoky Mountains to the Rockies and beyond on two week riding vacations, and the Ultimate seats and backrests have performed beautifully, and after 5 years show no signs of wear.

I highly recommend Ultimate.