IGNORED

Air horn

You need to use a relay so it gets full power or it won't be very loud.

Larry (Carbon One) makes a mounting bracket to replace the horn on the right side and wiring harness (with relay and fuse) that makes it easy to do.

I was looking on line and wolo makes a harness that has the fuse and relay. you just hook it up to the battery. would that be ok? I'm not motorcycle mechanic so plug and play is good for me.

+1 on the Carbon One setup. I quick read through the supplied directions and it was plug and play. Get his harness and bracket. Dead simple to do.

If your not familiar with how to wire up a relay and the goofy horn system (to me anyways) your best bet is the Carbon 1 deal from what I have read.

If you try to operate one of the several Stebel/Wolo or knock off type horns like that off the standard connection your going to have issues down the road. They need more power than the OEM system can reliably provide. Here may be an option for you. I have a Stebel, but also installed one of these Sick Speed horns and they are loud for a "beep" type horn. Also a thread here. When I ordered mine the chrome ones were back ordered. The horns come in different colors so if you wanted to match a red one to your bike or blue etc. Mounting was easy. It comes with a couple flat tabs on the horn and I loosened them up matched them to the OEM horn bracket and installed.

Sick-Speed-horn-web.jpg

Carbon One's bracket and wire harness are definitely the way to go. He encloses a set of instructions and it's pretty easy to do. I bought a Wolo on sale at OReilly Auto Parts that was a few bucks less than same horn at Harbor Freight

Last air horns of that style i bought I got off e-bay. Both have been in service now for 2yr or more and work great. Says 136db and I would believe it. They are loud. the sick speed I listed in the previous post is 118db.

Wolo from Harbor Freight and I put it out of sight in the front fairing and had it there for four years.....VERY loud even from inside the fairing. Gets people attention....If the start to change lanes on you the loud horn makes them jerk back into there lane....they think a truck is about to hit them!

WOW Thats exactly how my $20 e-bay horn looked after a year or so and just spray painted "chrome" So I would say about the same only $30 cheaper. kind of why I went black on the Sick Speed one. no chrome available when I bought it so I just went black and I think it blends in well.