IGNORED

Bought a pump

Picked up a suspension pump today and found I had 7 lbs in one and 0 lbs in the other front shock. I balanced them @7 I will monitor to make sure it holds.

I wonder how big of a difference this is going to make. May have to brave the heat and ride to work tomorrow. :think:

I've put it off so I just bit the bullet and stopped at HD dealer and bought it because I knew they stocked it. It was 54 and change with tax but I rode for the first time since returning from vacation in Ireland and something did not feel right hopefully this helps.

I'll give you the info on the one I have. The prior owner spliced my suspension air lines and purchased this pump which seems to be of good quality. It has a price written on the box of $51.95 It is Progressive Suspension brand. They have several air pressure ranges. This one is the GP3-60 which is from 0 to 60 PSI range. It has a short flexible air line, a no loss air connector, and claimed 3% accuracy. It has a air bleeder button. Aluminum body. See website for possibly more info.

I'll give you the info on the one I have. The prior owner spliced my suspension air lines and purchased this pump which seems to be of good quality. It has a price written on the box of $51.95 It is Progressive Suspension brand. They have several air pressure ranges. This one is the GP3-60 which is from 0 to 60 PSI range. It has a short flexible air line, a no loss air connector, and claimed 3% accuracy. It has a air bleeder button. Aluminum body. See website for possibly more info.

Sounds good. I know that one.

The no loss air connector is really a plus for these low pressure applications.

I can use it on the RSV and the VMax.

Sadly, I seem to remember this same one offered a few years back for around $37. I thought it was too expensive at the time. Kicking myself for missing the boat on that deal.

Thanks.

It is really close to the same price to purchase the HD branded Progressive pump and the Progressive branded one. Most HD dealers carry it in stock. Just stop by and pick one up from them. It will work on both the front forks and the rear shock. Good, solid, zero let-off pump that has survives thousands of miles in my tool bag stuffed in the right saddle bag.

RR

Seeing as I never adjust the pressure while I'm out riding,

I just lower the pressure on my compressor regulator to a couple pounds over what I want to put in and pump them up.

Problem is two fold. It doesn't take much to blow out the fork seals and the typical regulator is not very accurate at low pressures. Secondly, there is so little air that goes into the forks, confirming the pressure with a gauge will change the pressure dramatically. The zero let-off is important.

However, if this procedure works for you, all is good. :smile5:

RR

Problem is two fold. It doesn't take much to blow out the fork seals and the typical regulator is not very accurate at low pressures. Secondly, there is so little air that goes into the forks, confirming the pressure with a gauge will change the pressure dramatically. The zero let-off is important.

However, if this procedure works for you, all is good. :smile5:

RR

When you set it down low, it goes in slow. Plenty of time to check it. Just like your tires. Do you leave the air chuck on your tires for 5 minutes at a time?...........NO!

Not a problem, if it is, go buy yourself a $40 pump.

Amazon has a pump for $36 and change. Free shipping.

Bagger Werx 07-012 Motorcycle Air Shock Hand Pump

by Bagger Werx

Link: http://amzn.com/B004Y18GKM

Thanks for the info.

Just ordered a Progressive one from Amazon for $35 and change with free shipping. I like the zero loss feature.

I used to have a low pressure pump (zero to about ten psi) that came with my 1996 Suzuki Quadrunner four wheeler. Of course, it was not as functional, nor made as well, as these Progressive ones.

And I can't find that old pump in my shop anymore.