IGNORED

trike conversion?

DblTrbl

All of Hannigan's trikes I've seen have been for the RSV. The top of the body has a recessed area that allows the trunk to attach to the luggage rack as normal. Hannigan may well have a flat topped body for the RSTD's but best to give them a call.

Just a thought but the luggage rack on the RSTD may well still utilize the opening Hannigan uses for the RSV's trunk.

TRI-Wing is the only other company offering a trike conversion to my knowledge for these bikes. :080402gudl_prv: with which ever way you go.

Larry

I own an '09 RSTD and an '09 RSV and have been thinking of doing a trike conversion. I'm liking the Hannigan kits more then most others.

Anyone have ideas on what to look for and or avoid?

Personal experience; Make sure the installer has ACTUALLY done an RSTD or RSV or two, before and is not just an all brands Trike Installer. Hannigan/RSV conversion takes a bit more common sense and attention to detail than just following the directions on the side of the package.

:Venture:

ANY Hannigan authorized dealers MUST go to there classes for 2 weeks

to become qualified to install there product.

They also have to bring one of there bikes to Hannigan to do the conversion as well.

Great Choice if you decide to go with them.

The hardest part is the WAIT and then after the wait is the following 12

months of trying to get the $hI! ass grin off your face :big-grin-emoticon:

Enjoy!

Jeff

I'll have to agree with the last part of this. But then I'm sneaky. I bought mine already triked!

The hardest part is the WAIT and then after the wait is the following 12

months of trying to get the $hI! ass grin off your face :big-grin-emoticon:

Enjoy!

Jeff

Last week at VW14 in The Dalles, OR, a Star member .. Tom Rossi... parked next to my '07 at the Cousins Motor Inn. Kinda a before and after. The only draw back I could see was the 90 miles on a tank before looking for a fuel stop. So... if anyone pops the $11,800 for the kit, get the extra fuel tank option. Great looking bike..... otherwise... :)

Oh, and BTW, 7of9 got 47.5mpg on the ride up to the top of Mt Hood and back. :sign woo hoo:

Before popping the Hannigan aux tank on the bill, check out Carbon One's version. That's what's on mine and I like the set up.

So... if anyone pops the $11,800 for the kit, get the extra fuel tank option. Great looking bike..... otherwise... :)

TriWing also makes a conversion for either the the RSTD or the RSV. It their ad it says they have two body styles but the rality is the only difference is the tailights. Tri Wing kits are solid axle not IRS. You can install them yourself thi and save some money that way.

Larry

Since Don left me very little left to add on to this munster [MAJOR BLING! on this thing!], I'm having serious thoughts about your skid plate too! I think that with some of the roads down here, it could use the protection.

Brenda it's good to see you posting AND enjoying the trike. Thanks for the auxiliary tank plug too.

Larry