IGNORED

What's the best price?

1sttenor

After reading about using the Blue Tooth to talk while underway - I think that's why I want one. I was considering just getting a cheapo C330 or something, then I read on here how some of you have used the bluetooth successfully to talk on the helmet mics, well that's a great perk and would keep me from stopping so often when "the boss" isn't with me.

After reading about using the Blue Tooth to talk while underway - I think that's why I want one. .

Beside the additional price this was the reason I did not want the 550. I talk on the phone while driving the car and that is bas enough. When I am on the bike I would prefer to pay more attention. AND when I am on the bike I would rather not talk to anyone (at least on the phone) :rotf:

Best luck on your choice.

Brad

I just ordered one of theses the other night:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16858617006

The price was right for a first gps and when I googled the model number, 90% or better of the reviews I found where pretty good. no bluetooth, but it has a headphone jack. I'll review it after I get it and play with it a bit if anyone is interested.

I've had good luck with cameras and my Zumo 500 from www.buydig.com

$649 with free shipping.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=GRZUMO550

Dennis

Funny thing, after I posted the link for CNET, although $2 more expensive than the cheapest listing, while checking the link I ended up buying one from them last night. Went with them because they had a higher customer rating...

Has anyone heard of this place? They seem to have them pretty reasonable.

http://www.cameraaddict.com/viewproduct.aspx?ID=3613090&l=ShopCartUSA

My fear would be that is a used or demo model for the price - thought I would ask here first before calling them.

This is what I didn't like about them All sales final. So If you get something other then what you think it should be then you might be SOL.

http://www.cameraaddict.com/about.aspx Check out the Return Policy/ Procedure

Guest Highway

Will a regular Magellan unit work on the bikes, Hope so I ordered one last week. Hope the vibration is not a problem. Hey 1sttenor I just left after 32 years with THP. Dont miss it at all..

:322:..

Hey Highway,

You've got me beat, to date. I've got 28 in as of now, but probably will go to 38 yrs. I'll be 58. I will envy your riding time. A bunch of us will be riding down to your neck of the woods in June. Right now I think there'll be 10-12 troopers.

Well I was all fired up to get the Zumo, when I got a deal on a Tom Tom 720 - less than $300 brand new. I ordered the Ram Mount and all should be arriving tomorrow. I guess we'll see how it goes?

Anyone got any feedback on them?

You Know for the longest time I figured I dint need a GPS unit. I can look at a road map before we leave and go from memory. That's Until I rode with Wildhair39 this past weekend he used his GPS and we took off and Peg & I had a blast not having to worry about the turn offs or guessing where we were at, the GPS made our day Wildhair39 made the ride so much fun I wish it dint end.. I have the fever know. So before we leave to go to Eureka Springs I planning on having one. Thanks for the info. guys this sure does help.

Well I was all fired up to get the Zumo, when I got a deal on a Tom Tom 720 - less than $300 brand new. I ordered the Ram Mount and all should be arriving tomorrow. I guess we'll see how it goes?

I have feedback on the ram mount, it held my gps securely almost 1.5 years ago, when i took out a deer with my scoot. The same mount & gps is still in service on the scoot.

:thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

I used a Ram Mount set up to mount a camera on My suzuki GS several years ago and it worked great.