IGNORED

BAD rear tire

well I just got slapped in the face ( figure of speech) went out to check my bike my back tire has wire showing thru http://bamarides.com/ride/Smileys/don/sad-034.gif .... what makes me mad I don't have bout 3k miles on the dunlop E3, I've been getting 11/15k miles out of them, I'm bummed... maybe that is why it was so cheap on EBAY ....

Edited by midnightrider1300

well I just got slapped in the face ( figure of speech) went out to check my bike my back tire has wire showing thru http://bamarides.com/ride/Smileys/don/sad-034.gif .... what makes me mad I don't have bout 4/5k miles on the dunlop E3, I've been getting 11/15k miles out of them, I'm bummed... maybe that is why it was so cheap on EBAY ....

COPY/PASTED from the "Dang Tire" thread to follow ya here Midnight..:stirthepot:

Now THAT brings up an interesting topic Midnight:scratchchin:

Years ago I bought into a batch of cheap Michellin tires (yea, I know,, "cheap" and "Michellin" never went together so I shoulda known something was up) for the back of my KX500 M/X bike.. Brand new tire, go single trackin with some buds, guy behind me pulls up at a break in the action and says "I keep getting hit by hunks of rubber from your rear tire".. Took a look and I was literally missing over half the knobs on a brand new rear tire..

Have always wondered if there was something to the thought of tire manufactures sourcing out "seconds" or maybe even "thirds" and having them land in the hands of people like me tryin to ride on the "cheap"... If that is the case,, there is a really good chance that in my lifetime of destroying motorcycle tires, I have NEVER owned a "good" set of tires in my life:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rot f::rotf::rotf:

Another interesting thought on the tire subject... I gotta bud down the street who always buys the best of the best.. He buys some kind of multi-rubber tire for the rear of his 2010 Ultra Classic.. Suppose to be hard in the center (to fight wear) and soft on the outer (maintains good grip),, I know he paid a lot of money for his rear tire,,,, I think its a Dunlop,, but he has over 10k Michigan miles on it and it still looks great... Just a thought...

I'm saying that there is a place in the middle of my tire and wire is showing.... it's in the tire

I'm curious of the origin of this 'wire', too. Some Dunlop E3 are belted, but not with steel. I take it the cords are showing on the tire and the wire that you see is part of the cord fabric? Somethings not right. There should be no wire fabric or a single piece of wire in that tire.

I would keep that tire and present it to Dunlop for their evaluation and warranty.

I'm curious of the origin of this 'wire', too. Some Dunlop E3 are belted, but not with steel. I take it the cords are showing on the tire and the wire that you see is part of the cord fabric? Somethings not right. There should be no wire fabric or a single piece of wire in that tire.

I would keep that tire and present it to Dunlop for their evaluation and warranty.

When I get the tire off I will take pictures and post them of the tire wear and show the "cord" / wire I was talking about....

As a truck driver I've delivered and picked up tires from many places. All I have to say is. Brand don't mean much. They all outsource and what went into that tire may not be what goes into the next. It seems to be a fairly unregulated industry with a high turnover of labor. And they are always looking for a less expensive source for supplies just like everyone else. You might get 15k out of one tire, buy the same exact one from the same exact people and get totally less than desirable experience.

I've never gotten less than 25 k out of a Dark side configuration with a MC rear on the front.

I just had two spanking new tires on when I bought the bike. Metzler front and rear and I've worn them both to the threads in 7k mi. First time ever the front did not double the rear.

That was a lot of curvy roads though that's what I like.