IGNORED

What if...............??????

DragonRider

Ok, some people may take offense to this, thinking I am trying to shame them into doing something they don't want to do, but that is the total opposite of what I have in mind.

What if your child or family member became sick with cancer, or had a heart attack, or maybe Leukemia, Sickle Cell, Spina Bifida, or any other debilitating disease that we have no perfect cure for. Wouldn't you do whatever it takes to make your child or family member better? Wouldn't you want the Dr's to do whatever they could to save them. Well sometimes insurance companies wont pay for some of the treatments because they are experimental, or not approved by the FDA. Research for these diseases is mostly supported and paid for by donations from the public and corporate foundations. That is where we come in. We here at Venturerider.org have been supporting St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tn. since 2005. We have raised and donated over $35,000.00 so far. Many members here have journeyed to St. Jude every year to present our donations and see exactly where and what our monies do for these sick kids. If your not aware of St. Jude, it was founded by Danny Thomas back in the 50's, because he saw where research and treatment was needed for sick children.

There are many ways you can donate to St. Jude. You can do it by going directly to their website and making a donation, or become a partner in St. Jude and donate monthly, or go to our tribute page to one of our members who succumbed to cancer, or use one of the fundraisers going on right now here on VR. There are auctions going on in the classifieds for St. Jude Shirts, Pins, And hats, or you can go to Teespring.com where I have custom designed shirt. There is also a Threadkiller post going on in the watering hole also. I really don't care how you donate or how much you donate because every dollar goes a long way to helping those sick kids. 81% of every dollar donated goes to research at St. Jude, that's a very large percentage, and I do believe the highest percentage donated to any charity. I have posted links below to all the different ways you can donate and help.

Just think about this, if every member here 12,246 were to donate $1.00, how much that would be.............that's less than the cost of a soft drink, a candy bar, a beer, and doesn't hurt the pocketbook, and leaves you with knowing that dollar is going a long way towards helping with the cure of not only cancer but some other childhood diseases that strike our young ones too often.

Thank you for reading this. if I offended anyone that was not my intention and I apologize.

http://stj.convio.net/site/TR/Events/Tribute?pg=fund&fr_id=1341&pxfid=16870

https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/donation.do?cID=14262&pID=24671&frequency_selected=1&sc_icid=dropdown1

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=15

http://teespring.com/cruisinforstjude

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...=85147&page=19 (Threadkiller fundraiser)

Edited by DragonRider

Lewis you have the pins numbered and I was going to bid on each one but when I tried to bid on more than one it tells me my bid must be higher than the highest bid but it shows zero bids. Am I doing something wrong or does one bid go to all of them:confused24: :confused24:

1 dollar is a small amount,

a tiny price to pay.

When you think of all those St. Judes kids,

suffering on this day.

A dollar from every member,

what a great idea Lewis!

Everyone I know could do that,

from the oldest to the newest..

A dollar or 10 dimes,

would make no difference really.

Such a simple thing to figure out,

it almost sounds kinda silly..

A dollar up here in Michigan,

is 10 pop cans at its best.

Their laying in a ditch out there,

I KNOW I could do the rest.

A dollar buys a donut here,

which my doctor says dont eat.

Why I could give it to those Children,

for an extra special treat!

A dollar buys a water bottle,

now that kinda makes one think..

Your not really giving a dollar,

just a glass of water to drink..

A dollar bill is hiding,

over here and over there.

Waiting for me to find it,

so with those children I can share!!!

You are supposed to be able to bid on each one, maybe Freebird can chime in here and see whats up.

Lewis you have the pins numbered and I was going to bid on each one but when I tried to bid on more than one it tells me my bid must be higher than the highest bid but it shows zero bids. Am I doing something wrong or does one bid go to all of them:confused24: :confused24:

Not only an accomplisher writer, mechanic, but a poet too.................Thanks Puc.

1 dollar is a small amount,

a tiny price to pay.

When you think of all those St. Judes kids,

suffering on this day.

A dollar from every member,

what a great idea Lewis!

Everyone I know could do that,

from the oldest to the newest..

A dollar or 10 dimes,

would make no difference really.

Such a simple thing to figure out,

it almost sounds kinda silly..

A dollar up here in Michigan,

is 10 pop cans at its best.

Their laying in a ditch out there,

I KNOW I could do the rest.

A dollar buys a donut here,

which my doctor says dont eat.

Why I could give it to those Children,

for an extra special treat!

A dollar buys a water bottle,

now that kinda makes one think..

Your not really giving a dollar,

just a glass of water to drink..

A dollar bill is hiding,

over here and over there.

Waiting for me to find it,

so with those children I can share!!!

Well I bid on another shirt and what I don't like is my bid showing .25 really come on really just glad I'm not cheap when it goes toward the kids

Thanks Lewis for all you !!!!!!!!!!

Indeed Lewis,, YOU are on my hero's list!! Thank you for all you have done and are doing for the kids of St. Judes!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You are loved and appreciated Fozzie!!

Puc

• 2 weeks later...