IGNORED

Cylinder head fin polishing

BuddyRich

Wow! looks great, I also did that to mine which were originally grey or silver stock, painted them all black and later sanded the ends of the fins with 400 grit and came out to look just like yours and the way the new models are comming out! I couldn"t believe the look!!!! It's cool we think outside the box every once in a while!:cool10: :cool10: :cool10: :cool10: :cool10:

BuddyRich! MORE Questions! :D

Where'd you get that cover that is at the bottom of the cylinders?

Where'd you get the cover that replaced the one that usually says YAMAHA on it? (Not exactly sure what it covers...maybe the crank bolt?)

Grabbed some 320 grit Wet/dry sand paper and took it to the cylinder head covers. Came out pretty good and didn't cost anything since I already had the sandpaper. Just sanded the edges till they shined.

Jeeze Buddy, looks sharp. Makes me feel like I should polish up my old bike ... so next time I see the old thing ... I will wipe the dust off it. That'll do it for another year.

BuddyRich! MORE Questions! :D

Where'd you get that cover that is at the bottom of the cylinders?

Where'd you get the cover that replaced the one that usually says YAMAHA on it? (Not exactly sure what it covers...maybe the crank bolt?)

From Here.

http://www.dgy.com/eshopprod_cat_2085-6666-4199_product_206198.BILLET_ENGINE_COVERS.htm

• 1 month later...
Guest scooter38
Wow! looks great, I also did that to mine which were originally grey or silver stock, painted them all black and later sanded the ends of the fins with 400 grit and came out to look just like yours and the way the new models are comming out! I couldn"t believe the look!!!! It's cool we think outside the box every once in a while!:cool10: :cool10: :cool10: :cool10: :cool10:
Hey Buddy, what kind of paint did you use to paint the cyclinder heads all black? I would appreciate the help, thanks, Scott.

Guest silvertramp

I just used regular ol' paint and hit the fin edges with polish once or twice a year. It's been like that for a few years--no prablem. I polished my fork lowers--same deal--a little polish once in awhile--that's it. Polished aluminum is not that hard to keep up.