IGNORED

My kind of riding weather

Ventureless

This morning started my favorite weather for riding. I have a new tire that needs to be mounted this weekend, but I couldn't resist riding to work this morning. About 36 when I left the house at 4:30 this morning. Turn up the heated glove liners and the heated vest and away I went. It is such a good feeling getting to work and not have a sweaty shirt. I have had my RSV for right at a year now. I put roughly 17K miles on it since I got it and the miles put on between last October and last March were the most pleasurable.

I'm with you Bumble bee. I really enjoy this temperature. I have noticed thought since the Venture is new to me (almost a month) that the temperatures are different than they used to be in my old volusia while riding. I commute 32 mls into DC and today I noticed that hands stay warmer, chest and legs too (I guess all related to better wind protection even though I had a fairing on the vol too), but knees, higher portion of back and back of the neck get significantly colder!! I'm gonna have to come up with a solution for those as I refuse to pull out the heated gear yet.

I'm with you Bumble bee. I really enjoy this temperature. I have noticed thought since the Venture is new to me (almost a month) that the temperatures are different than they used to be in my old volusia while riding. I commute 32 mls into DC and today I noticed that hands stay warmer, chest and legs too (I guess all related to better wind protection even though I had a fairing on the vol too), but knees, higher portion of back and back of the neck get significantly colder!! I'm gonna have to come up with a solution for those as I refuse to pull out the heated gear yet.

I ride from Warrenton to Chantilly every day. So roughly 30 miles. Up until last winter,I owned no heated gear. Last year I bought heated glove liners. They work great. This year I started thinking about a jacket or vest. I ended up winning the vest (brand new) on ebay for $40. It works great. And I have already pulled my stuff out. I don't even want to start to feel cold. I am looking at 1 piece suits now as well. I figure a 1 piece suit with my heated vest under it and the heated glove liners and I am good to below 0!!

Was 31 when I left the house this morning. Just have to be careful of the frosty leaves in the twisties.

I don't have any heated gear, I just look like a BIG pumpkin wearing all of my Blaze Orange Gortex hunting gear. Keeps me toasty warm down to 0 for riding or -25 hunting.

Saw an 8 point and a 10 point fighting along side the road, Had to stop and watch that show. A month ago those same two bucks were buddies and I passed between them as they flew across the road.

But then I did add Seafoam and Stabil to the tank when I filled up this morning. It is that time of year when any ride could be the last of the season. My bike gets parked till spring, as soon as the first salt truck hits the roads.

Was 31 when I left the house this morning. Just have to be careful of the frosty leaves in the twisties.

I don't have any heated gear, I just look like a BIG pumpkin wearing all of my Blaze Orange Gortex hunting gear. Keeps me toasty warm down to 0 for riding or -25 hunting.

I looked like a big pumpkin as well until I got the heated vest. Along with having to put all that stuff on to ride, I felt I lost some of my mobility to ride properly. Now with heated gear, I wear 2 layers less and feel much better. I put it off forever and now that I have used some of it, I am addicted. I also do not really park the bike. Unless there is snow or ice on the road, that bike is getting ridden. I believe the coldest I have ever left the house has been about 5 degrees.

I looked like a big pumpkin as well until I got the heated vest. Along with having to put all that stuff on to ride, I felt I lost some of my mobility to ride properly. Now with heated gear, I wear 2 layers less and feel much better. I put it off forever and now that I have used some of it, I am addicted. I also do not really park the bike. Unless there is snow or ice on the road, that bike is getting ridden. I believe the coldest I have ever left the house has been about 5 degrees.

Well I'm still holding out......

My orange stuff is only 2 layers and I do not feel any restricted movement. And I'm cheap.

Well I'm still holding out......

My orange stuff is only 2 layers and I do not feel any restricted movement. And I'm cheap.

I am cheap as well but I have looked at this as a good investment. And for me to ride all winter, it saves me roughly $50 a week in fuel just riding to or from work. So in one month, what heated gear I have paid for itself and then some.