IGNORED

Front tire switch

Handyman

Has anyone switched their front tire to a 130/90-16. If so, whats the purpose?

Richard

Better slow speed handling. easier movement in parking lots and driveways. I tried it and loved it at slow movements but didn't like the handling and ride on the road so went back to the 150

I put a 130 on the front of my RSV after reading about the better slow speed handling & have really liked it. I didn't experience any poor handling at speed so I really like the change. Have a 130 hanging in the garage to put on my RSTD when the front wears out. Can't wait.

Edited by Patrolman46
wrong number on tire size

Thanks for the reply.

I will be 70 my next birthday and I am reaching the place where I sometimes struggle a bit with stops and slow speeds with 2 up. I am not ready to stop riding or adding more wheels yet. If a smaller front tire would help me in that area for awhile, it would be something I would be willing to try.

How does it effect the bike at higher speeds? I do ride at highway speeds a good amount of the time, but would be willing to sacrifice some, since I do fine on that end.

Thanks

Richard

Handyman I am your age and was beginning to have the same problem. Solution was three times a week, squats with light weight and a general light weight high repetition program for my upper body.

I have a gold wing as well as a couple of Ventures and it worked for me. When I ride two up, our combined weight with gear approaches 500 Lbs. Darn I hope she doesn't see this.

Howard

Has anyone switched their front tire to a 130/90-16. If so, whats the purpose?

Richard

I tried the 130 tire but after 2000 miles I went back to the 150. While low speed handling was improved the bike always felt unplanted at higher speeds on the interstate. I just didnt like the squirrily feel. Went back to the 150 and all is good.

I have put over 12K on my current set of Michelien Commander 2's. The front is the 130 as thats all they make in something close for our scoots. I havent noticed any difference to speak of one way or the other. Maybe a tad on the slow speed, but I also raised the forks in the triple tree to lower it a bit to help with the same issues. I just put over 5300 miles on it in about a month. Long trip up to Canada that was solo and mostly all highway and 1500 of that was last week in the mountinas a bit, some interstate and some back highways. All is good.

Handyman I am your age and was beginning to have the same problem. Solution was three times a week, squats with light weight and a general light weight high repetition program for my upper body.

I have a gold wing as well as a couple of Ventures and it worked for me. When I ride two up, our combined weight with gear approaches 500 Lbs. Darn I hope she doesn't see this.

Howard

Howard you better start losing weight cause I am sure she is not that big...... just trying to help in case. :whistling:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/usmcxterra/20130815_012224_zps875c8397.jpg

I put the stock size on in a Metziler, when it came I thought wrong size! But in checking the numbers, no, but it's a good 1 inch narrower as seen in this picture and it handles absolutely primo compared tot the stock tire and I contribute that to it being narrower. I was so impressed, I took a picture go figure.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/usmcxterra/20130814_104457_zpsb529263e.jpg