IGNORED

What I learned from my trip to Sevierville, TN

midnightrider1300

Pulling my trailer was a LOT easier than I expected. A GPS no matter how updated it is can get confused in the Smokies.....Heaven has to look a little like the views between Gatlinburg & Cherokee .....no matter what road you ride in that area its a good one...and i will never stay in Sevierville, TN again, I hadn't been in 11 yrs and it has grown 10x over , traffic was awful... Midnight Venture seat will wear you out after 3 days of 300 + miles and 400 on the 4th....ohhhhhhh my BUTT!!!

The seat on the Venture is about as good as it gets. I'm kind of surprised that it bothered you that bad. That's not really that many miles?

well the midnight venture isn't the pillow top.... I was in the saddle 10 hrs Friday & 7 hrs today I don't care who you are or what seat you have your butt gets tired....

well the midnight venture isn't the pillow top.... I was in the saddle 10 hrs Friday & 7 hrs today I don't care who you are or what seat you have your butt gets tired....

Mine "was" the pillow top and I could ride 300 miles easy and im not in great shape by any means....probably not so great shape actually. After my Venture got totaled I bought a HD Street Glide and that seat is not bad, but it's crap compared to the Venture and I rode 200 miles yesterday and it wasn't too bad either. Maybe you should buy a set of pillow tops off of someone's wrecked Venture that they are parting out, might help you a lot possibly? They probably wouldn't cost very much.....might find some on EBAY I bet.

I agree that Sevierville and Gatlinburg are both so commercialized now that I am not interested in ever going back. The back roads around that area are nice, but I will not go back to either place.

There is a HD dealer in Gatlinburg, and they expected us to pay to park our bikes while we visited their establishment.... We both just looked at each other and made a U turn and left.

I agree that Sevierville and Gatlinburg are both so commercialized now that I am not interested in ever going back. The back roads around that area are nice, but I will not go back to either place.

There is a HD dealer in Gatlinburg, and they expected us to pay to park our bikes while we visited their establishment.... We both just looked at each other and made a U turn and left.

They seriously wanted to charge you to park while visiting their store??? If that is true I bet they wont be in business very long!

think IF I'm going back I'll stay in a small town SOUTH ... maybe Cleavland, or sylva, nc (east)...

LOL Yea I also have the pollow top and its the first bike seat i will keep from the factory, It's good for 800 mile day so far problem free. Lots of 500 mile days. No Iron Butts yet.

As for the HD dealer charging to park, I hate HD dealers anyways, so I will stop in there and when they tell me that I am going to leave just like you did after a stupid look JUST TO SCREW with them!

Got plans on Taking 219 from Somerset to the Dragon / Back of the Dragon. later this week!

That place is heaven to me!

I just put over 1500 in 2 days on my 09 with a pillow top. One day was 775 mile from Bluefield Wv to my house in central Fl. Did great. Cost me over $700 to get a seat on my Kawasaki I could ride all day.

So whats thier idea here. Pay to park so you can look in thier store, then they deduct it off your purchase or something? Last Oct we stayed in Franklin Nc. Small town easy to get to lots of good roads and not alot of the touresty traffic.

think IF I'm going back I'll stay in a small town SOUTH ... maybe Cleavland, or sylva, nc (east)...

Cleveland is a nice area, my wife and I looked to moving there back in '06. If I wouldn't have had Gunboat here in Texas offer to take us in while we were looking for work, we would probably be in Cleveland TN.

Cleveland is a nice area, my wife and I looked to moving there back in '06. If I wouldn't have had Gunboat here in Texas offer to take us in while we were looking for work, we would probably be in Cleveland TN.

I now reside in Cleveland, TN with my wife. Have a view of Frog Mountain right out our back window. Love the roads and the locals! Hate the winters but that only cause I'm a Florida boy at heart!!