IGNORED

&&^$(#!!!@ ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

SilvrT

Microsoft !!!!! arrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh Windows 8 POS!!!

They are forcing us to go in a direction they want us to and before long the world will be controlled by them! (as if it aready isn't)

:bang head: :bang head: :bang head: :bang head: :bang head:

Do you know that solitaire, which has been around since Windows 3 way back in the early 90's is no longer "local" and you now have to go to "the cloud" to get it and play it.

Oh, and Windows Vista/7 versions can't be copied over either -BUT- if you can grab the following files off a WinXP box and paste them onto your Win8, those will work!

card.dll

freecell.exe

mshearts.exe

sol.exe

spider.exe

winmine.exe

These are all located in C:\Windows\System32 on a WinXP system

They are forcing us to go in a direction they want us to and before long the world will be controlled by them! (as if it aready isn't)

Do you know that solitaire, which has been around since Windows 3 way back in the early 90's is no longer "local" and you now have to go to "the cloud" to get it and play it.

Oh, and Windows Vista/7 versions can't be copied over either -BUT- if you can grab the following files off a WinXP box and paste them onto your Win8, those will work!

card.dll

freecell.exe

mshearts.exe

sol.exe

spider.exe

winmine.exe

Go Mac and never look Back!!! :rotf::rotf:

I ran win 98 until nothing supported it. So then I put XP on. A buddy said he could upgrade me to Win 7 but I dont know nothing about it or how it works and how much I'm going to have to re-learn, file system structure etc. I understand Win 8 is actually built for touch screen computers and is much morelike android tablets/phones. But dont work really well with some programs, but its what your stuck with. Some of the race sim forms I have been on have work arounds so these simulators will work. But my question is why should you have to "fake" the system into thinking one thing so it will run a program correctly?

NO! Go linux and never look back. I refuse to upgrade to 8....even though I can get it for free. My next upgrade is linux.

:rotf::stirthepot:

I am working towards running Linux on my home PC. Have it installed, have worked with it off and on for several years and, like you, I refuse to go to Win8. Currently running Win7 Pro and it works quite well.

Unfortunately, I have several PC's at work (workstations) that will soon require replacing. Linux might be an option but I'm 80% sure that some of the apps we run will not work in a linux OS. I have appx 8 months to figure that out. I'm also appx 90% sure my boss will love me even more if I can make them run in Linux OS.

MAC is simply not an option, either at home or at work.

card.dll

freecell.exe

mshearts.exe

sol.exe

spider.exe

winmine.exe

Rick,

I am running WIN8 and have no problems with the Solitaire program. I can get it without going to cloud.

:15_8_211[1]:

Rick,

I am running WIN8 and have no problems with the Solitaire program. I can get it without going to cloud.

:15_8_211[1]:

hmmmmmmm.... care to share how? Not for me tho, I have a corporate exec that likes to play solitaire when he's travelling by air and he just got himseelf a new laptop with Win8 on it and of course, I'm the poor sukka that has to set it up for him.

In any event, I grabbed it off a WinXP box so he's a happy camper.

I purchased two new computers with Windows 8. I used one for three days and sent both back. I absolutely hated the Windows 8 system and will not own another device with it. I also e-mailed Microsoft and let them know how disgusted I am with the Windows 8 operating system.

Mike

I love being so far behind that I am ahead..... the XP is still working well here.

All of our workstations (with exception of management and myself) are still running XP SP3 and have been doing so for 7 years without a lick of problem .... except for this one user who continually screws his computer up somehow. Thankfully I got smart a while back and took an image of it when I rebuilt it and it was working properly LOL

I purchased two new computers with Windows 8. I used one for three days and sent both back. I absolutely hated the Windows 8 system and will not own another device with it. I also e-mailed Microsoft and let them know how disgusted I am with the Windows 8 operating system.

Mike

I will be ordering 2 new laptops for the bosses in a few days ... Dell still sells them with Win 7 PRO installed plus a Win8 licence.

If you particularly like playing Solitaire, I recommend getting an "Amazon Kindle Fire". You'll definitely Love It! A good brain exercise, that's for sure. There're habit forming!

As mentioned... it's not for me. Frankly, I am not a "gamer" ... but give me a programming project and I don't sleep LOL

I am pretty sure the standard winderz games are available as free downloads from their application 'store'.

But, your solution certainly works too :thumbsup2:

__

OH YEAH -- since you are the 'computer dude' you may want to look into how to enable safe mode and stuff like that. I have not verified this for myself yet, but a fairly computer savvy friend of mine told me that you have to enable the ability to enter safe mode from the normally functioning mode. In addition, as like windows 7 the 'built in' administrator account is usually disabled but can easily be enabled with the standard trickery from the 'net user' command.

Just figured I would throw that out there for you as if it were true, that would be a rather lame and nasty surprise come trouble time...

hmmmmmmm.... care to share how? Not for me tho, I have a corporate exec that likes to play solitaire when he's travelling by air and he just got himseelf a new laptop with Win8 on it and of course, I'm the poor sukka that has to set it up for him.

In any event, I grabbed it off a WinXP box so he's a happy camper.

Not trying to be a SA, but I just turned on the new computer. It came with all these things they call apps (which I have no idea what they are or how they work. But one was titled Solitaire. Clicked it and Bam, it came up. I can even get it when my wireless connection is down. Which is good cause I am locked into using Charter and my internet connection is down a good 30% of the time.

BTW, Did I mention that Charter service sucks...

Black Owl heres a trick we use to do when I lived in Oklahoma. At the time our phone was simular to your IP. Probably 30-40% of time was ka-put. Especially if it rained. So we started to keep track. We would report it and bug the heck out of them. Then we started to deduct for days of no service. Then they finnaly came out and fixed the line.

Black Owl heres a trick we use to do when I lived in Oklahoma. At the time our phone was simular to your IP. Probably 30-40% of time was ka-put. Especially if it rained. So we started to keep track. We would report it and bug the heck out of them. Then we started to deduct for days of no service. Then they finnaly came out and fixed the line.

LOL. Already doing that. The problem with Charter is that they have too many customers for their equipment capabilities. During peak usage time, from about 10am until 3:30-4pm, their service is sporadic at best. They have sent out personnel and even supervisors to check the lines, my equipment, etc and they just can't seem to do anything about it. So, every time it goes down, I call them to file a complaint. They take the charges off my bill. But that doesn't begin to make up for the inconvenience to my clients.

If it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to change service provides I would have dumped them long ago.

I play a lot of solitaire to kill time for what ever reason. I don't see what the problem is?? Tell you boss to pull out his android phone and down load the Amobility solitaire app. Who in the 'H' wants to break out a computer to play a simple game anyway?? :confused07:

I play a lot of solitaire to kill time for what ever reason. I don't see what the problem is?? Tell you boss to pull out his android phone and down load the Amobility solitaire app. Who in the 'H' wants to break out a computer to play a simple game anyway?? :confused07:

Easy for you to say :D