IGNORED

How much seafoam to use.

I agree. That will be fine for running and cleaning it out before winter. I never actually do that though. I add one full can to a full tank of gas before parking it for the winter. Have done that for the past 10 years and it has worked well for me. I ride it to the gas station about 2 miles away, fill it up and add the Seafoam there and then ride it home. I figure that gets it into the carbs, lines, etc.

But....when you fill it for the last time before winter (or anytime it's going to sit for a few weeks), it is still best to use a NON ETHANOL fuel.

Up here it is only the premium that is non-ethanol. I burn the regular most times with a few ounces of sea foam every 2nd or 3rd tank.

But....when you fill it for the last time before winter (or anytime it's going to sit for a few weeks), it is still best to use a NON ETHANOL fuel.

Up here it is only the premium that is non-ethanol. I burn the regular most times with a few ounces of sea foam every 2nd or 3rd tank.

I do burn premium all of the time and stay away from regular or mid-grade to avoid ethanol. Using seafoam now with the intent to clean out carbs or prevent other problems. I bought this bike this year and it had 31000 miles on it. I have put 5000 miles on it this summer. Previous owner lefts me no records on maintenance and was probably runing regular fuel with 10% ethanol.:crying: Will also probably change fuel filter this fall and have new plugs put in and carbs syncronized next spring. Bike has ben running fine but noticed that it is sluggish on first start up in morning with sticky choke. Hope seafoam will help with that.

:322:

Ok. Ran bike today for the first time after adding seafoam and i got mild backfire on startup which has never happenned before. Also normally have to start on full choke and only needed half choke. Seems to have more power also on acceleration. Is it my imagination or does this stuff really work that fast and well. I added the seafoam yesterday and let it sit overnight.

:322: