IGNORED

manual fill

10spd

Is true that we have a manual fill on the air ride front & rear. I thought I read on here somewhere that we do. I found this on the right side of tree just below the hazard switch. Is this it? There is also one just like it on the left side behind the side cover by the dampener control.

Is true that we have a manual fill on the air ride front & rear. I thought I read on here somewhere that we do. I found this on the right side of tree just below the hazard switch. Is this it? There is also one just like it on the left side behind the side cover by the dampener control.

It will help if you fill out in your profile the type of bike you are asking about. 1st Gen have on board air adjustment. 2nd gen is manual.

RR

Greg,

That is not a schrader valve you have pictured there, it is for bleeding the linked brakes that are on your 1st gen.

The schrader valves, if your bike doesn't have the CLASS air control system, are up by the ignition key switch and down on the left side of the bike where the dampening knob is which is just above and to the rear of your left foot riding peg. The standard Ventures had the manual fill schrader valves on them for airing up the suspension. The Venture Royals had an onboard air compressor that is commonly called the CLASS sysytem (Computer Leveling Air Suspension System)

If you have a small controller on the right side of your upper fairing cover, you more than likely have a CLASS on your bike. Otherwise you will find the schrader valves where I mentioned. If you have questions my # is in my profile.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not put air in there.

that is a brake line for bleeding the linked front brake.

The Schrader valve for pumping up the front shocks is accessed from below the faring and headlight on the right side and just in front of the right shock.

Of course this is guessing that you have a MKII std. It is really helpful to all of us to know what bike you are talking about. from the different answers you got you can see our confusion.

I have a CLASS system. it does have a control module on the right side of the fairing. when I turn the key to acc. I get power to it but it goes to e-4. & does not show pressures. again sorry for any confusion.

I have been riding my recently acquired 89 Royale the last week to and from work here in Alaska and the subdivision is a gravel road where I live, saturday my CLASS did an E4 fault, I was about ready to spend $75 for a used one on Ebay when I decided to search the forum, and lo and behold after re soldering the pins its working wonderfully, many many thanks for that article, its one of the best tutorials I have ever used. Its not difficult if you have some soldering skills.

IT WORKS. Now on auto will it keep the pressure that I set? I set them for what I have in my Honda right now. Which is 12 in the front & for me & the wife 45-55 for the rear. Does that sound about right. I would check an owners manual but this used bike did not come with one. yes it did right pretty good at those pressures.:cool10: