IGNORED

Help!!!

Trader

bouoght a new battery but something is creating a draw. Have to push start the bike every time.

Can anyone tell me what the amp draw of a 1st gen mk ii starter is?

We are in Green Bay Wisconson and working on it in the parking lot of a Super 8.

Saddlebum, Marcarl and I

NOT HAVING FUN NOW

bouoght a new battery but something is creating a draw. Have to push start the bike every time.

Can anyone tell me what the amp draw of a 1st gen mk ii starter is?

We are in Green Bay Wisconson and working on it in the parking lot of a Super 8.

Saddlebum, Marcarl and I

NOT HAVING FUN NOW

I've heard tell that the electric anti-dive is a big draw. Maybe remove power to that?

Steve,

My thoughts are if you are running open road it's a bad connection from stator plug or the Regulator or a bad cell in the battery. If you can get the battery load tested that will help pinpoint your issue. Good luck, let us know how you are doing.

MarCarl and Saddlebum checked things out and it looks like my stator is shot. They are not 100 % positive

I really dont undrstand because Saddlebum checked the resistance between the leads at the p0lug from the stator (supposed to be .42 ohms) and got NOTHING.

one test showed 8v 5v and 13v coming off the 3 coils.

I don't know how I'm going to make it another 1200 miles home...but we've disconnected everything except lights.....and might just shut down headlight.

THere are 3 of us and only running in daylight so I might just go for it. Unfortunately, I have to go solo the last 200 miles or so. Unless I just leave the bike ar carls and bus it home for a trailer.

SIGH!:bawling:

Thanks for the offer....we are going up and around the top of the lake to Sault St Marie and then east from there.

I"m going to buy a battery tender and charge it up at every opportunity (lunch, overnight etc) Get it as far as I can anyway....I'll keep you posted.

Thereare 3 of us and only running in daylight so I might just go for it. Unfortunately, I have to go solo the last 200 miles or so. Unless I just leave the bike ar carls and bus it home for a trailer.

If, IF it is just a bad stator/charging system you can swap good batteries from your riding partners for your depleted battery as needed. They will be charging your battery as you consume the energy in theirs. Keep swapping until you have to part ways and then borrow one or two charged batteries to take with you for the last 200 miles.

I did that battery swap on the road from West Texas to Kansas (1000 miles) with my riding buddy when my stator was trashed on a CB750.

If you can get to Fond du Lac (60 miles south of GB) tonight along with FlyinFool and his stator, we can get it in the shop and swapped out. Let me know. No real plans for the evening but will need to clean the shop a bit to get it in there.

RR

I hope he checks in to let us know his progress.

I hope so too.

He was also having some fast idle issues at the rally as well.

Between Carl and Ben,they should be able to figure something out...:happy34:

BTW Jeff,thanks for the windshield...

It kept Mike and Rick off my case.:D

Edited by IH Truck Guy
forgot stuff

I hope so too.

He was also having some fast idle issues at the rally as well.

Between Carl and Ben,they should be able to figure something out...:happy34:

BTW Jeff,thanks for the windshield...

It kept Mike and Rick off my case.:D

Oh sure, blame their lack of fun on me.......

th bike bike is still running.

put a new battery ....r seems to be holding its own

still running with nothing extra on to draw

Marcarl broke down in Sault St Marie

Thinks ot migjt be rear wheel bearing

He's with saddlebum

He insisted I continue home

Only 2. 1/2 hours from home so I should be fine