IGNORED

who else loves gravel?

so i was pulling off a side road by my apartment and there was a pile of lose dirt on the road i couldn't see with the sun setting in front of me, leaned into the turn and hit the gas and the back tire kicked out and slid across the dirt till it hit the end of the patch, grabbed the road and flipped onto its other side, so smashed left fairing, and and a few scratches across the trunk and saddle bags. a little road rash and bruised ego. guess i'll be tossing on my spare fairing and painting the bike this weekend yay :bang head:

I feel for you. My daughter lives three miles off the highway on gravel roads. The danged gravel and mud for me in her drive way today. Been in crazy rain for about 30 miles. Got almost to her garage and stopped. Put my feet down and they just sank in and slid. I held it for a bit than it just gave way. I got off easy compared to your ride. But yeah. Gravel sucks..

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.

It is because of gravel that I know own my Royal Star Tour Deluxe. My wife and I were riding our Suzuki Boulevard C50 on a gravel road. The further we went the softer it got. Next thing I knew, we were on the side, sliding down the edge off the rode and onto our side. Nothing broken, only pride. But the Boulevard was pretty hosed. The insurance company totaled it and we bought our 06 RSTD. :)

Sounds like you got a wild ride out of it Wing! You have stories to tell of the kind I hope never to have. I've had my share of moto-mishaps but not the slip-and-flip, not for years anyway. Snaggle, thats the kind of scene that reminds me of a slapstick bit. You fight the terrain all the way up the drive only to anticlimactically fall over when you come to a stop. There was an exceptionally muddy Motocross championship on around 2pm today but I didn't see that move.