IGNORED

Hannigan Trike Traction

TheKid

My dad's 07 hannigan gets fishy when it rains any amount. The rear end feels like it is hydroplaning and he can not go over 50 mph. He has BF tires on the rear with 28 psi and a Commander II on the front. The rear shocks are set i believe at the second or third setting and the front have 3 psi. I upgraded his brakes to the new ones with the different rotors and calibers.

Has anyone else experienced this and how did it get fixed?

Thank you all for your help.

Hope the ones going to IL have fun and ride safe.

Mine is dropped now to 24 /22 but when I was running 28 in the rears

I never ever had that type of problem. please contact Jim G ASAP please

about this problem.

Jim Gooch

and let us know what the out come is.

I only dropped to 22/24 for a little softer ride for the little woman .

my 22/24 is for the crown of or type roads.

Jeff

Have Kumho rear tires and Avon Venom rear tire reversed mounted up front. Run at 28/30 psi. Experience no hydroplaning... We drove at interstate speeds in the pouring rain, two-up and surrounded by tractor trailer trucks when we came back from Nashville. Was never concerned about traction.

Something sure is out of wack. never had any traction problems with my trike regardless of how much water was on the road. I think you have either an alignment problem or tires over inflated or perhaps worn. Maybe even tire compound contrubiting unstableness.

Larry

Is the traction problem more/less continuous in the rain? I just rode my 2009 Venture Hannigan trike up the BRP to STAR days. First two days we rode in a lot of rain. No problems until I would hit ponding/standing water like those little puddles in the low portions of the roadway. It got real noticeable on those, squirrely even! I have Kumho (spelled right?) on the rear and Avon Venom up front. Running 42 front and 26 rear. I'm guessing that a trike weighing 1100-1500 pounds (two up and loaded) with that much tire surface on the rear would be more apt to hydroplane. I would drop my speed and/or move over to a lower speed highway. The BRP/Skyline both have very low speed limits but hitting puddles definitely got our attention.

Not part of the query but on dry roads my Hannigan sticks like glue!!

• 5 months later...